Tank2379 2.2 Deep Blue Build

Tank2379

Last night I received a 2 channel Dimmable cable and wired up my 7 LED and I now have a Pico feature on my Apex as they are dimming at 100% and high noon and back down to 5% at 8pm then shut off.

Tank2379

Just got these in the mail 90degree optics I know this is probably in the extreme but hell thought I test it and see how they fly...

Tank2379

Been a week and a few days and my little snail is still kicking. I have yet to check my salinity or water parameters. I haven't even tried a water change yet... Lol.. I will this weekend

Tank2379

Pick up my Frag today, going to let it open up and settle in... Post and update as soon as it gets opened up

jm23

With those 90 degree optics, you are going to have a lot of light falling outside the tank. 60 degree optics would probably be your best bet, I have some extra from my build if want them, though I am not sure if they will work with your LEDs (mine are Cree from RapidLED). LMK.

Tank2379

With those 90 degree optics, you are going to have a lot of light falling outside the tank. 60 degree optics would probably be your best bet, I have some extra from my build if want them, though I am not sure if they will work with your LEDs (mine are Cree from RapidLED). LMK.
Yeah I'm not going to use them my soldiering wasn't perfect

Tank2379

Ok today I clean up the Wood and use piping instead of the bulky wood that I slap together to mount the lights, a little bit better and cleaner than the 2X4's... Check it out

Tank2379

So for some reason when setting up my apex for dust dawn on my Pico, I guess I accidentally copied over the storm mode. I was showing a friend of mine the Storm Mode feature on my 60G last night, but when I started the feed mode my I was like what the heck why is my Pico LED lights blinking... Lol.. I was like WTH!!! That's awesome storm mode on the Pico... Lol. So here is what I shot on video I forgot to video this the long way on my iPhone I hate this version but it works for now.
[video=youtube_share;FFj8gLL3-Bo]http://youtu.be/FFj8gLL3-Bo[/video]

Tank2379

OK here is my update to stay up with everyone.

MY system is as follows

20AC with filter floss and Cheato Algae from my existing system
25W heater
Tunze ATO
DIY LED Dimmable
about 5lbs of LR and LS

My water parameters
Ammonia: 0.0ppm
Nitrates: 0.0.ppm
Nitrites: 0.0ppm
Mag: 1080
Cal: 380
Alk: 10dkh

I will be performing a water change for the first time tomorrow the system has been up for about 3 weeks now I believe
Here is my Sunburts Zoa as of today, both Polyps are open and doing well at the moment. I have my LED fixture aboiut 8inches about the water line and I am using 7 LED on my system 3 Blues 2 UV and 2 Whites...

Full Tank Shot

I also have a baby pom pom crab that I got from Global. He's alive and well and comes out to eat

Tank2379

Sorry for the late update, wife is away on Missions in Haiti so it's just me and my 4 little girls but anyhow, here is my little pico as of today.

My water parameters are still undetectable which is weird I checked Phosphates and it was at 0.1ppm

my other are as follows
Ammonia: 0.0ppm
Nitrates: 0.0ppm
Nitrites: 0.0ppm
Mag: 1280
Cal: 440
Alk: 9dkh

I ended up adjusting my levels over a 7 day period the testing was done yesterday and this are my results

I started to get some Cyano Bactera growing and some of it is now starting to weather away I have a small patch left... Here are pics for now

Small Cayno pach