Tanks going up this weekend

RJDENNIS

Well I got my tile and carpeting installed so the tank has been moved to its resting place. Glad thats over with. Now it sits perfectly level.
I got a shipment from BRS today, in 2 boxes I got 50lbs of Dry Fiji Rock, a Maxijet 1200, 5" net, and a magnetic veggie clip. I am extremely happy with the rock.
This weekend I am going to hook up my SpectraPure MaxCap, clean the substrate and rinse the rocks and then I can start filling the tank. I have everything to get started with my cycle minus the LED lighting. I figured I would cycle without the lights anyways but I will be getting them in 2 weeks anyways (going with the Ecotech Radion Gen 2's).
I cant wait for this tank to be set up. I've been looking at all the equipment just sitting in rooms for over a month and it has been driving my wife nuts, she keeps asking are we gonna set it up soon? She is dying to have her little Dory back and now she likes Anthia's also.

On a side note has anyone used the Dr Tims One and Only? My last tank I cycled with a few shrimp and I wanted to try something different. My system will be around 100 gallons including the sump and I was wondering if I would need 2 bottles to cycle my tank and how long does it take if I went that route. I'm not sure if I want to pay $24 bucks for a 4oz bottle and I may need 2!!!
I want to take it slow and steady.
So what does everyone suggest?

riv

Premium member
I use it on my 125g rr n added fish same day. Tested water for two weeks maybe three n never had any ammonia. It work for me.

RJDENNIS

Thanks, Im gonna look into it, but **** thats alot of cash for 4oz of liquid, glad we dont pay that much for gas...........yet!!

RJDENNIS

Well as it always works out for me, I ran into a snag while setting my tank up. As I was installing the bulkheads into my corner overflow and getting ready to install the flex line to the sump and 3/4" return line I noticed I dont have the correct fittings to make the connections. **** it anyways.
So I called my LFS and I was told the bring in my bulkheads and they would swap them out for the ones I need. Thats cool!!!
Now if only Sunday would hurry up and get here.

Herbie

Banned
I don't think it has the same track record as Dr. Tim's, but I have used that cheap Bio-Spira powder from petsmart twice and it seemed to help. If you're not in a hurry then just using seed LR and a few cups of sand from an established tank would probably be he best way to go.