Telescope opinions and help

ClownWizard

Does anybody here know anything about telescopes? I am interested in getting one, but I have no idea where to start. I don't know which one to buy, and I don't know the worth of them.

Any good tips and advice would be amazing!
Also, if you have a good website that could assist me in finding one would also be great

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

BADGUS

I have you you can have actually.No idea what model or zoom,it's been in my closet for 5yrs.

gapsaph

I have a Celestron somethingorother currently and I love that! It's a refraction telescope (the short fat ones) and I even bought the adapter so I can hook up my DSLR to the end to take good pictures. Thing I love about the Celestron telescopes is the have high quality glass in them and make butt loads of accessories.

The one I have does the self steering and can "lock on" to stars so it will rotate with them so you don't have ot keep moving the telescope to track the stars across the sky. You can always get used telescopes! People buy them, use them once, then sell them! Heh, I've done it many times!

ClownWizard

I have a Celestron somethingorother currently and I love that! It's a refraction telescope (the short fat ones) and I even bought the adapter so I can hook up my DSLR to the end to take good pictures. Thing I love about the Celestron telescopes is the have high quality glass in them and make butt loads of accessories.

The one I have does the self steering and can "lock on" to stars so it will rotate with them so you don't have ot keep moving the telescope to track the stars across the sky. You can always get used telescopes! People buy them, use them once, then sell them! Heh, I've done it many times!
Thanks for the input, I read somewhere that the short fat ones were the reflectors. Maybe the info i searched up was bad... I bet that scope cost ALOT of money. If you don't mind me asking, would you happen to know any website where I can pick up scopes for cheap(er)?

gapsaph

Thanks for the input, I read somewhere that the short fat ones were the reflectors. Maybe the info i searched up was bad... I bet that scope cost ALOT of money. If you don't mind me asking, would you happen to know any website where I can pick up scopes for cheap(er)?
Yeah sorry, might have used the wrong word. It is basically a reflector. =) I picked mine up from my neighbor at his garage sale for $60. Craigslist is my friend, I bet you could find something good on there, or ebay!

ClownWizard

Yeah sorry, might have used the wrong word. It is basically a reflector. =) I picked mine up from my neighbor at his garage sale for $60. Craigslist is my friend, I bet you could find something good on there, or ebay!
Ya I've been taking little peeks here and there. Still trying to get some research before I actually go out and look for scopes. Not sure if it's true but the one you have may be worth alot more then 60 bucks! Lucky you on the find :lol: