Test NO3 With Hanna Checker

labas39

So, I had this idea to use my Hanna Ultra Low Phosphorus Checker to see the color difference of my Nyos Nitrate kit.

I don't even register 1 with my Nyos kit but it shows 14 with the Hanna ULP Checker.

I'm assuming that I'll be able to track slight variations in nitrates using the Nyos liquid and the Hanna Checker.

100LL

Oh, wow. If this works and you develop a conversation rate that will be a game changer for my NO3 testing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

labas39

Oh, wow. If this works and you develop a conversation rate that will be a game changer for my NO3 testing...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool if I could get a test with an expensive unit then use that to make a conversion equation or conversion table. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with such a unit.

Thinking about it, maybe use that root stuff and get the sample's colors to match that in the Nyos kit then test with Hanna.

100LL

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool if I could get a test with an expensive unit then use that to make a conversion equation or conversion table. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with such a unit.

Thinking about it, maybe use that root stuff and get the sample's colors to match that in the Nyos kit then test with Hanna.
I might be not thinking very practically here but you could also verify your hypothesized results by getting some help and water sample from someone sending in a Triton or ATI lab test.

labas39

That's a good idea. They'd probably have to give me a sample taken at the same time since I think it takes a while to get the results.

100LL

That's a good idea. They'd probably have to give me a sample taken at the same time since I think it takes a while to get the results.
Yes, for sure. One sample to you and one sample to Triton and compare the results.