The journey begins - Elos 120 XL

MMreef

Ok, my build finally begins. After moving to new house and spending all summer and fall for renovation, finally I have time to start my tank again. It is going in my basement ( my man cave ).
Today I build a frame for my stand, it will be finished to match my wall. All filtration and equipment will go in a closet next to my aquarium. Next weekend I plan to get my tank down from my garage, also hang my light fixture and finish my stand.
First official picture :)

[/url]IMG_3890 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_3893 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

ColaAddict

Nice cave.
Is the new set up going to be NPS again, or are you going back to SPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkullV

Looking good Mark, you always have some of the nicest set ups around. I'll be lurking to see what you do with it!

DJE

The Man Cave is coming out nicely:) Can't wait for the tank to be back up and running.

MMreef

Nice man cave. The tank is gonna really set it out.

Sent from my Note 5
Thank you
Love the setup Mark. The little NPS behind you and the 120 for full viewing pleasure from the couch.
Thanks, that's the idea, relax on the couch and have view of my little ocean :)
Nice cave.
Is the new set up going to be NPS again, or are you going back to SPS?

Still deciding Nino, not sure which direction I want to go
Sweet man cave! The tank will look awesome down there.
Thank you
Love it good luck with the build can't wait to see how nice this set up comes out
Thanks, hopefully it will come ok, so I will not have to redo it in the future, lol.
That footprint :rock:
Rock and Roll !!!
Looking good Mark, you always have some of the nicest set ups around. I'll be lurking to see what you do with it!
Thanks Ted
The Man Cave is coming out nicely:) Can't wait for the tank to be back up and running.

When ready we will be drinking beer here together brother !

#theMatrix

[MENTION=259]MMreef[/MENTION]

Completely new build? Or upgrade
At this very moment. I look to my left, and see my not so perfect built stand.....but I like it.

Yours looks much better.

I took a 4ft vanity cabinet and made a 2ft extension total a 6ft long base for my upgrade...Frankenstein, but it works

MMreef

And the aquascape. Reef bommie style, one large rock. I like its shape, it has a nice archway, fish can swim under. Thanks to Best Fish in Milwaukee, I always find something there.

Front view from couch

[/url]IMG_4011 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

closer view of rock

[/url]IMG_4003 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

top view

[/url]IMG_4006 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_4007 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

I need opinion on background , black or blue ???

charris24

Can't miss with either. A lighter blue will pop off that green wall or black will fit tank trim and other room trim. Looks great, can't wait to see it with water!