the "not another dang tank build" build

cet98

oh yes he did......another dang tank!!!!!

cause you just can't have too many, I just finally filled up my Elos Mini I've had in storage since, well.....forever.....
for the life of me, I can't find the dang front door panel...somehow I lost it in the move last summer and now I needs to go make a new one....dang it!!!

Still working out the details but for now it's a basic setup...Stock Elos return pump, Via-Aqua Titanium heater, Apex Jr. and A.I. Nano fixture
Still need to add an ATO, skimmer and some probes...
On the fence about changing out the AI Nano for my Kessil A350...any opinions?

here's what she looks like right now:

ooooooo.....ripples........

more to come.....dang it.....:mario:

tinman

i love the ai nano lights .. so much light for such small light :)

am i i talking redundant ?

cet98

I like it too Tin but I have one on my daughters tank and it doesn't seem to "pop" the colors like my Kessil....what's your experience as you have/had both right?....

tinman

I like it too Tin but I have one on my daughters tank and it doesn't seem to "pop" the colors like my Kessil....what's your experience as you have/had both right?....
well, i love kessils .. nothing ever pops corals like kessils

but i love the whites on the Ai nano .. .somehow they are too strong for just 2 white leds ..

if i had to choose between the two ..

i would choose a kessil for an lps and nem tank

and would choose an AI nano for an sps nano kinda tank ..

cet98

yeah...I'm kinda thinkin the same thing and since I keep shrooms, nems and LPS I'll likely go Kessil in the end....for now I'll keep the Nano on and see if I can play around with the color spectrum....
if I fail...Kessil it will be ;)

tinman

yeah...I'm kinda thinkin the same thing and since I keep shrooms, nems and LPS I'll likely go Kessil in the end....for now I'll keep the Nano on and see if I can play around with the color spectrum....
if I fail...Kessil it will be ;)
its not about the spectrum :) jusst kessssil is soo very different .. dont know how :)

ninjamyst

Premium member
its not about the spectrum :) jusst kessssil is soo very different .. dont know how :)
Thanks to you, I got the ap700 and I am 900 poorer.

I never liked the Ai nano when I had one. The cool whites do not look good to me.

cet98

okay....so I got some more done on the Mini...added a MP10, Tunze 3155 ATO and an Apex Jr.....started to mess around a bit more with the AI Nano colors and may have found an "acceptable" color to my liking but only time will tell as I wait to see how my corals color up....
I still need to get a red oak veneer panel so I can make a new door but in the meantime I couldn't wait to cycle a new tank so I did another "insta-reef"...

sorry for the crappy washed out phone pic...too lazy to......aww heck.....you all know.....

charris24

Kessil or radion? I have my eyes on both for the same tank. Is that an elos sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk