The reefer's cube

The reefer

Its a bit late but here in my 27 g cube with 10 g sump and diy LEDs. Big thanks to Ted for helping hang these lights. I've had this setup running for 4 months and I'm focusing on sps dominant tank.

This is how my tank looks so far. With sum small changes but looks almost the same.

I am also making a acrylic canopy. It's still a work in process but hopefully I can have it done this weekend. Plz let me know what u think. Thanks.

lunacris

tank looks great question how will the canopy fuction prob just me but i dont see how u will get in and out of tank

The reefer

The canopy will have neoprene gasket that will sit on the heat sink. It only has 3 sides. So when I ever need to remove it will just slide on and off. It will b painted black and has a splash shield. If that makes sense lol.

The reefer

My fish hanging out. Only fish not in pic is my orange prawn goby . I wish he would come out more often. It really stands out with the orange stripes it has.

The reefer

Yea there on seperate dimmable drivers. rights now I have blue at 9v and whites on 5v. All the Sps I got from u eric r doing very well. One day u have to stop by and check it out.

mr_z

About time u post it man I still say it looks better In person. And that's exactly how I plan on hanging my LEDs which I'll have sometime this week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reefer

Lol yea I know i dragged. But it's up now looking good. I'm Gona take more pics later on tonight. It would b a great progession sps shots with LEDs.

FishBeard

I love the corner reefscape in the tank. Works awesome with the tank in the corner of the room! Lookin good!

The reefer

Ur right Eric ! I might put another flat rock later on. I need sum more sps and 2 clams in here lol.

Fishbeard thanks. I like the corner style also. Especially where it's in the living room. I have plenty of caves for my fish.

FishBeard

Actually, instead of a shelf, what about a small rock spire to hold several sps out in that open sandbed area? They would get awesome flow from the vortech and plenty of light there!

The reefer

I was thinking on making a small pillar on the front right side of the tank and putting Sum sps on there. I have plenty of room in front and would look pretty kool. That might b my next project after the canopy.