There has got to be a better way

jcarlilesiu

I have been trying to program these new Aquaillumination LEDs on my Apex Aquacontroller for hours.

Seriously, there HAS to be a better way. This is ridiculous. You have to know C++ coding to friggen get this thing to work.

Apex... please, develop your user interface to make it easier.

/rant over

ColaAddict

LED's huh, nice. Let us know how that goes and how your reef responds to the new lights. I've always wanted to go LED, but my tank's kinda deep, 30". I'm doing some research on LED's right now.

The reefer

So far on my nano my LEDs have been great. I have soft, Lps , and 2 Sps and they have shown sum growth. I have them hooked on my rkl. Bigot help from Ted programming the rkl but it took may 10-15 min max.

jcarlilesiu

LED's huh, nice. Let us know how that goes and how your reef responds to the new lights. I've always wanted to go LED, but my tank's kinda deep, 30". I'm doing some research on LED's right now.
I will keep you updated.

The wife has been wanting to go LED for awhile now due basically to energy costs.

Our tank is deep as well 27", but I did quite a bit of research and when our hold Metal Halide fixture started acting up and I couldn't get it fixed, we opted to go with these.

Each is basically equivilent to about a 150 watt metal halide and we are getting four of them.

The hardest part is getting appropriate spead over a 36 x 36 tank.

jcarlilesiu

Oh, and after about 8 hours total of programming, and then about an hour of help from my wife... I think its finally working.

Still testing the sunrise/sunset and weather profiles.