thinking about adding t5

mtrcyclefish

Hi,

So I've had my Reefledlights.com diy led's running for a couple of years now. I'm really not happy with the look and growth of my sps corals. I'm getting next to nothing for growth and very washed out colors. I'm considering adding a couple of 54w t5's to my setup. Currently I'm running 120 led's with a 3:2 ratio of royal blue to white 3w Cree xre with optics on a 48" heatsink. I have room for 2 t5's. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bulbs to use and whether or not this might help with my issues?

Thanks.

anarchy

Hi,

So I've had my Reefledlights.com diy led's running for a couple of years now. I'm really not happy with the look and growth of my sps corals. I'm getting next to nothing for growth and very washed out colors. I'm considering adding a couple of 54w t5's to my setup. Currently I'm running 120 led's with a 3:2 ratio of royal blue to white 3w Cree xre with optics on a 48" heatsink. I have room for 2 t5's. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bulbs to use and whether or not this might help with my issues?

Thanks.
It may not be the lighting at all. I run halides and my sps grew slow and we're pale all because my nitrates and phos was undetectable. Since adding some fish my colors are coming back brighter and brighter

Sparky312

Hi,

Thanks.
To answer your question, if you only have room for 2 bulbs I would recommend 2 ATI Blue Plus. I have 4 of them only on my tank and I like the look -- its a nice crisp blue but bright as well. They put out a lot of PAR so it should help with both color and growth. But yeah, like Anarchy said there could be other factors as well