to the mod who edited my post in the thread "when going to a sellers home..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

dohc97

to the mod who edited my post in the thread "when going to a sellers home..."

I just wanted to say you need to be straight and forward with everyone. There is no reason for my post to have been edited, how do you arrive at me stating facts as a personal attack? i did a personal attack, yet Jeni telling someone she is going to let their kids play with guns is an ok thing to post? I have at no point insulted Jeni, i dont agree with a lot of what jeni does or says sometimes but i try not to get involved but it really struck me as odd that nothing was said about what she posted. This wreaks of favoritism and you as a mod need to be fair and equal with everyone. I do not personally know you so im not going to say anything about you and hopefully you dont come up with this being a personal attack.....
If everything was fair and everyone gets treated equally i have no complaints, when my post gets edited and i did nothing wrong i call bs.
I did feel i needed to air this out too, i dont care to take it to pm and hopefully you dont edit this one too.

Jose

jayjigga

Considering your veteran status in the chicago reefing scene, and the fact that you rarely try to start anything, I think you should be able to voice your opinion without being edited. I'm not sure why a certain person gets to cry wolf so often and have other peoples' posts deleted/edited, but I'll ask around. I don't think that your opinion, or mine, assuming not malicious, should be taken down. Some people need to be put in their place, especially when it's a recurring issue.

I'm all for a strong community, but I know we can't all love each other. Why sugarcoat some of the issues? Let's call em out and not cover up the real issues. Dre can cat-bomb all he wants from AZ, but between the cats, we have real issues with real people that need to be heard. We should be able to speak our mind when we're not attacking maliciously.

dohc97

Jeni,

im sure you read my post, do you feel i was attacking you? honestly i just said you sell overpriced corals, that is a personal opinion. i dont think i have ever insulted or attacked you. My issue is with the moderating of the thread, i dont appreciate something i wrote getting edited when there was nothing wrong with what i wrote.

m.miller1547

I think they should delete it. It was helpful before it was cluttered with this mess. Take it to pm. Hold your kids or communicate your bringing children. My son at 2.5 years old almost every time. I hold him. Its a workout, but I respect peoples homes. I hope the transaction was smooth otherwise. Take a break from forum for a few days. This is a happy reefing forum.

Aaron.. your traveling too far for coral with kids and stuff. You just collected too much too add for a beginner first time reef tank. IMO Perhaps you should enjoy your new additions and relax. I'm sure your a good guy. Some things are left off public forum.

skunkmere

I think editing our post show that CR is no better than RC. Same fecal matter different Lavatory. If CR wants to be better allow fredom of speech.

ColaAddict

I think editing our post show that CR is no better than RC. Same fecal matter different Lavatory. If CR wants to be better allow fredom of speech.
Umm. Actually mods here are a ton better. I'd take the mods here over the RC mods any day. This is technically a privately owned forum, so there is no such thing as freedom of speech

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I just wanted to say you need to be straight and forward with everyone. There is no reason for my post to have been edited, how do you arrive at me stating facts as a personal attack? i did a personal attack, yet Jeni telling someone she is going to let their kids play with guns is an ok thing to post? I have at no point insulted Jeni, i dont agree with a lot of what jeni does or says sometimes but i try not to get involved but it really struck me as odd that nothing was said about what she posted. This wreaks of favoritism and you as a mod need to be fair and equal with everyone. I do not personally know you so im not going to say anything about you and hopefully you dont come up with this being a personal attack.....
If everything was fair and everyone gets treated equally i have no complaints, when my post gets edited and i did nothing wrong i call bs.
I did feel i needed to air this out too, i dont care to take it to pm and hopefully you dont edit this one too.

Jose
Where do I begin. First of all, I'm shocked how you think you are above everyone else. What the hell do you mean by, you "just wanted to say you need to be straight and forward with everyone"?? What is not "straight and forward" about me deleting a single sentence of yours where you flat out insult another member? Jeni did not insult anyone with her comments the way you did. There is no favoritism here and she didn't ask for anything to be edited. I deleted one sentence where you violated the rules by attacking another member and I'm the bad guy? You can call BS all you want, but telling another reefer to "go back to selling overpriced starter corals" is a personal attack on another member and it crossed the line. And what's with this "to the mod who edited my post" crap?? You know it was me. If you have an issue, why are you above sending a pm to someone to discuss it like an adult vs. creating a drama thread like this.

Take a few days off to read the rules. Let me know if you don't think you'll be able to follow them when you come back.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Considering your veteran status in the chicago reefing scene, and the fact that you rarely try to start anything, I think you should be able to voice your opinion without being edited. I'm not sure why a certain person gets to cry wolf so often and have other peoples' posts deleted/edited, but I'll ask around. I don't think that your opinion, or mine, assuming not malicious, should be taken down. Some people need to be put in their place, especially when it's a recurring issue.

I'm all for a strong community, but I know we can't all love each other. Why sugarcoat some of the issues? Let's call em out and not cover up the real issues. Dre can cat-bomb all he wants from AZ, but between the cats, we have real issues with real people that need to be heard. We should be able to speak our mind when we're not attacking maliciously.
I let him voice his opinion right up to the point he insulted another member. I left his opinion and deleted the "malicious" part. He was able to get his point across just fine, even without the deleted sentence. And really, you too with the favoritism BS?? "Ask around" and let me know what you find out, I can't wait to find out., LOL !!

I agree, let's not sugarcoat the issues. However, I'm scratchin my head though, trying to figure out what the "real issues" are that your talking about? Lastly, I totally agree that people should be able to speak their mind when they're not attacking maliciously...oh wait, that actually happened...

jayjigga

I let him voice his opinion right up to the point he insulted another member. I left his opinion and deleted the "malicious" part. He was able to get his point across just fine, even without the deleted sentence. And really, you too with the favoritism BS?? "Ask around" and let me know what you find out, I can't wait to find out., LOL !!

I agree, let's not sugarcoat the issues. However, I'm scratchin my head though, trying to figure out what the "real issues" are that your talking about? Lastly, I totally agree that people should be able to speak their mind when they're not attacking maliciously...oh wait, that actually happened...
Haha, favoritism is definitely the wrong term for it...more like "BS immunity". This community would be better off if certain people didn't have coral to con people with, or this passive aggressive crap that's just under kosher to fly (no Funlad pun intended, lol). I stand by you when you do your job; I just think it stinks for you to have to aid dog fecal matter even if you may not agree with the POV.

Real issues, IMO, are reefers that play the market and the system, and leave a sour taste in peoples' mouths. Let's not pretend we don't know who are prime candidates for that award.

As far as malicious, I'd have to reread the post to see what was actually said..........oh that's right, I can't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.