Tonyg623's 60g Cube

tonyg623

Hi All,

I decided to create a Tank Thread. This tank is about 5 weeks now. Levels are all good and starting to add some corals now.

Equipment
60 Gallon Rimless Cube
Sump
ReefBreeders Superlux Lights
Hydro 1150 Powehead
Aquatop 607 GPH Return pump
RODI
SCA-302 Skimmer (In the mail, coming this week)

Inhabitants
Two Clowns
Just added a Hammer coral and some misc frags I got from [MENTION=2309]enzo1028[/MENTION]

Here are some pics!

tonyg623

Thanks! Glad to hear you guys like the scape. I feel I am never satisfied with it haha. Im not completely satisfied of the side view quite yet from pic 1... but love the view from the front.

superchargedgp

I have a glass top on mine and everything is fine. Wish I could go with mesh. But the glass keeps the cat out of the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonyg623

Okay, so far haven't seen anything weird with it. The few corals I have in there seem to be doing fine. I actually like the look with the top, and protects the light so hoping I can keep it on there. I guess time will tell.

I read that you could run into problems due to not enough room for gasses to escape but that should clear up when I get the skimmer in the mail this week.

sullyman

Glass tops will hold the heat in, need to be cleaned to keep the lighting up, and allow for less oxygen exchange. I was one of the folks to bring the mesh tops to the forfront, it was called Sullyman mesh for quite a while and I sold it to a lot of local reefers. A reefer in Michigan Jimsflys came up with the idea but I think Chicago reefers really put it on the map all over the country.
That's a really nice looking tank, good luck.

tonyg623

Got a new Purple Firefish and two new Acan corals from Aquapros this week.

Also got the Skimmer in and installed. SCA-302. Was having trouble with microbubbles for the first day but today it has calmed down and skimming properly! Heres a shot of under the hood haha.

tonyg623

Also picked up a frag rack that you can kind of see in pic 1. Frags I got seem to enjoy not getting knocked over by my snails haha.