Trouble with Ai Prime lights - help?

jfmkem82

I have 2 Ai prime lights on my 75 reef. Lately, one of the lights has been turning off and the indicator light goes red. I unplug the cable from the AC adapter and let it sit for awhile. Then when I plug it back in, everything is fine other than having to go into my Ai dashboard and reset the clock time

Today it happened and when I try to get into my Ai dashboard I get this message;

This site can’t be reached prime-d89760012d36.local’s server IP address could not be found.

I have internet service so I know the issue isn't my wi-fi.

Any suggestions?

Cubano32

Premium member
I have 2 Ai prime lights on my 75 reef. Lately, one of the lights has been turning off and the indicator light goes red. I unplug the cable from the AC adapter and let it sit for awhile. Then when I plug it back in, everything is fine other than having to go into my Ai dashboard and reset the clock time

Today it happened and when I try to get into my Ai dashboard I get this message;

This site can’t be reached prime-d89760012d36.local’s server IP address could not be found.

I have internet service so I know the issue isn't my wi-fi.

Any suggestions?
Your fan is going bad which is causing it to overheat so it turns off then when it cools down it reconnect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jfmkem82

Your fan is going bad which is causing it to overheat so it turns off then when it cools down it reconnect

I figured the fan was an issue, but I am able to let it cool and then plug it back in and it comes on again. The issue only happens once a month or so.

The problem is that I can connect to Prime's dashboard via the web now. That can't be a fan issue, plus my other light which is not set up as a "CHild" is having the same website issues even though there are no fan issues with that other light.

Cubano32

Premium member
I figured the fan was an issue, but I am able to let it cool and then plug it back in and it comes on again. The issue only happens once a month or so.

The problem is that I can connect to Prime's dashboard via the web now. That can't be a fan issue, plus my other light which is not set up as a "CHild" is having the same website issues even though there are no fan issues with that other light.
Try downloading the app for your phone much easier then going on web