Troublemaker's 150g project.

There isnt much to see yet, but the tank is going to fit somewhere in here. This thing is much heavier than I thought it would be so for right now it sits in the garage. It sucks getting old and all your friends either have back problems or bad knees.

URL=http://s72.photobucket.com/user/BROKE2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160916_185503.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Last edited:
This thing is surprisingly heavy. I am trying to figure out the best method to getting it in the house. Help will be limited so I need to make this move as easy as possible. Getting it to the stand will not be as hard as getting it on the stand. Has anybody used the suction cup handles from Harbor Freight? I know they are cheap, it is Harbor Freight after all, but I need to create some type of handles for the vertical lift.

madjoe

Premium member
Is that a five foot tank ? Very nice looking tank and stand idk why but i always loved white stands yet never painted mine white lol

Spartanman22

Very nice! I love the white and simplicity of it all! I'm also very jealous of that light you've got there. Nothing beats halides and T5's IMO. You just need to be able to work with all that extra heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildisme

Wish I woulda seen this before now. Coulda swung by to help you move that beast. I've had 3 different 150g tanks. They are all heavy as hell. But usually been able to move it with only 2-3 people

Wish I woulda seen this before now. Coulda swung by to help you move that beast. I've had 3 different 150g tanks. They are all heavy as hell. But usually been able to move it with only 2-3 people

Thanks, it went OK. Some suction cup handles and my wife and I barely avoided divorce court.

Thanks, it went OK. Some suction cup handles and my wife and I barely avoided divorce court.
You moved this with your wife? Wow. That's impressive. It must be at least 200lbs... Anyway, can you take some detailed pictures of your tank? I am amazed that the tank is only $1000 with shipping.

It was a special at the time, $850 shipped. There won't be much a build thread, the rest of the system is already established. I just need to tie two pipes in and turn a valve.

Spartanman22

Thanks, as far as the extra heat goes, I have 1200w of heater in the basement and it still can only get to 78.
That's awesome if I ever have a basement setup again I'll definitely be back to halides. My tanks in a small room with poor air circulation so it got hot quick!

That's awesome if I ever have a basement setup again I'll definitely be back to halides. My tanks in a small room with poor air circulation so it got hot quick!

I guess it depends on how you look at it. 3 of the 300w heaters run all the time, with the 4th running about half the day. The heaters on my system use more power than all of the other components collectively, including the halides.

madjoe

Premium member
I guess it depends on how you look at it. 3 of the 300w heaters run all the time, with the 4th running about half the day. The heaters on my system use more power than all of the other components collectively, including the halides.
Yikes if it aint one thing its another lol why cant we ever find the happy medium