Troublemaker's 80g DB Frag Forest

I didn't do much picture taking along the way, actually none to be perfectly honest. But here is the final product as it sits today.
80g DB Edge
Homemade stand
120ish gallon sump
20L macro tank
Ecotech XR30s
Gyres 130s
Ecotech L1 return pump
Vertex Alpha 170 skimmer
Apex which lets me be lazy
ATO is just an Aqua Lifter with float switches running through a B/O box.
GEO 618 Kalk Reactor takes care of coral demands

Since I can't figure out how to post this without it saying invalid URL, here is the link.

Last edited:
Very nice looking tank. How long has you had it up and running? Would love to see some close up pics :D
The tank itself is 3 months old, the sump/fuge is 6 months. I got the basement system online long before the DT upstairs.

I would love to post some more, but after 15 minutes of fumblef@&$ing with the first image, I lost my patience quickly.

jrpark22000

Premium member
The tank itself is 3 months old, the sump/fuge is 6 months. I got the basement system online long before the DT upstairs.

I would love to post some more, but after 15 minutes of fumblef@&$ing with the first image, I lost my patience quickly.
Looks pretty great for only 3 months old.

I took a look at your first post. I can help with posting photos. If all your photos are on photo bucket...
like the one at this link;
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/BROKE2/Mobile%20Uploads/20160214_170506.jpg

the easiest way is to just put [i m g]then your link, then[/i m g] just have to leave out the spaces in the word "img"
it'll look something like this;
[i m g] http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/BROKE2/Mobile Uploads/20160214_170506.jpg[/i m g]

this will be the result

Nice equipment choices, which should be a solid base for long-term success.
The system was designed to grow to a larger tank which always seems to happen. My first 40, became a 72, then a 100g, then a 240, then a tank crash and a 7 year break. So this time everything is overkill and setting up redundancies as I find flaws. I can either learn from my mistakes or make them again.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I figured it out, just post the link, don't try to upload the picture.
Yep. It's due to photo bucket in this case. Trying to build one way to post images for every possible internet picture hosting site in insane. Especially when they each change how they do things every couple years or more. If you upload the picture in "go advanced" then the "paperclip" it worked fine last I tested, but the square icon with a tree picture upload fails.

Yep. It's due to photo bucket in this case. Trying to build one way to post images for every possible internet picture hosting site in insane. Especially when they each change how they do things every couple years or more. If you upload the picture in "go advanced" then the "paperclip" it worked fine last I tested, but the square icon with a tree picture upload fails.

It took me while, that doesn't mean others can't do it easily. Trying to build something that works for me usually takes small words or you must speak slowly. And it was the square with the tree that kept screwing me up, thanks for all the help.

Wow great looking tank Jay , I like the new additions
Some may look familiar to you. You were right about Johns place, its hard to not spend money there.

Thanks for the compliment, its probably been along time since you sawa tank thos pathetic, but we have to start somewhere.

I figured I would post an update since things are finally starting to color up. I had some Salinity issues with a bad refractometer, but it didn't seem to affect too much. maybe I sacrificed a little growth, but alls well that ends well.

Last edited:

rockhead

I figured I would post an update since things are finally starting to color up. I had some Salinity issues with a bad refractometer, but it didn't seem to affect too much. maybe I sacrificed a little growth, but alls well that ends well.
It looks great man