Tulip anemone ?

tinman

i recently got an anemone that looks green with pink tips from a fellow reefer here ..

it kinda looks like majano

i was told that its a tulip anemone (from the same species of majano) and wouldnt sting like majano

just started this thread so as to get a second opinion and also so it would serve others for future references ..

this anemone is very cute looking though .. :)

View attachment 4148

Pufferpunk

It is not the same species, it is a different species but from a similar genus. I love my lil cute nems but they can take over the tank, so I kalk the ones that pop up where I don't want them.

tinman

It is not the same species, it is a different species but from a similar genus. I love my lil cute nems but they can take over the tank, so I kalk the ones that pop up where I don't want them.
:D looking for a second opinion Jeni :D

i started loving it too ... its soo cute ..

but still can some one who had them before comment on it :)

Thanks ...

lunacris

I seen these a while back dont know too much about it wish i would have grabbed them very nice looking

Crooks

I have sold hundreds of them throughout the years. Folks see me, thank me & ask for another.
So they are a pest and will take over your tank but there's nothing wrong with selling 100's of them?

Pufferpunk

Any fast-growing coral can be considered a pest. Lots of folks have purchased my tulips & they did not multiply from the original & they wanted more. I have only had 4-5 in my tank for many months. In another's tank, they could become a pest. Just letting him know. I gave it to him for free, because he liked it. I also have anthelia I kalk in certain places where it grows on my rock but I love where it's growing across my back glass & on the overflow. Even my bright green protopalys can get to be too much or my orange/green cloves, that are sold for $10/polyp at my LFS. Heck, my Devil's hand is becoming a "pest" with all the babies it's dropping everywhere...

Cecily

I think they're super cute!! I kind of want one of these. How big do they get?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Jep21

i recently got an anemone that looks green with pink tips from a fellow reefer here ..

it kinda looks like majano

i was told that its a tulip anemone (from the same species of majano) and wouldnt sting like majano

just started this thread so as to get a second opinion and also so it would serve others for future references ..

this anemone is very cute looking though .. :)

View attachment 4148
idk if any of u guys here are final fantasy fans or ever played the games but this anemone reminds me of the malboro monster in the game lol

Herbie

Banned
idk if any of u guys here are final fantasy fans or ever played the games but this anemone reminds me of the malboro monster in the game lol
Lol it's Marlboro! Did you do that just to make a nerd out himself?

Btw puffer, I love that nem and someday I will get one from you. I'd sort of like to have just those in a small tank.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pufferpunk

Now I wish they multiplied FASTER! I'll have to see how many I've got here, they really haven't been doing much in the display tank.