Turtles... Some ?'s

rosko23

Ok guys I'm being lazy and don't wanna search Internet. My nieces just got 2 turtles (red ear slider and African side neck). What u suggest for care? I told my sis to get a 40 gallon breeder bc petco has sale... But anything else? Heat pad? Heat light? Water? Does she need a pump or anything for flow?
Thanks in advance... I've never kept turtles.. Only snakes and lizards.. Oh and PAC man frog

rosko23

She will need a filter in there because turtles are FILTHY.
That's what I said. She or my bro in law don't want... But her bro in law bought them for girls. She offered then to me.. I said no way. I'd be moving in with them... My wife would kill me

You need a heat lamp and a UV lamp. Or a mercury vapor that will do both. I use a water heater also. They need a platform to come out of the water to dry out. I'm using a Fluval 206 on a 40br and the water is crystal clear.

rosko23

You need a heat lamp and a UV lamp. Or a mercury vapor that will do both. I use a water heater also. They need a platform to come out of the water to dry out. I'm using a Fluval 206 on a 40br and the water is crystal clear.
Cool. Anyway u can post a pic? I might be sending u some pm's if I can't figure it out... Thanks

All you do is vacuum the bottom. Clean the Fluval. Top off water. It's actually kind of low right now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Cub21rak

There is a pet store that is closing the doors and moving between today and tomorrow. They could have most or all those needs there. They plan on liquidating as much as they can. If they are interested in driving to Hammond check them out. Or anyone here wanna see what they have go see. Store is pet playground in Hammond on Kennedy ave. 80/94 to Kennedy north.

rosko23

There is a pet store that is closing the doors and moving between today and tomorrow. They could have most or all those needs there. They plan on liquidating as much as they can. If they are interested in driving to Hammond check them out. Or anyone here wanna see what they have go see. Store is pet playground in Hammond on Kennedy ave. 80/94 to Kennedy north.
Crap... I'm really f'd up right now. At wedding and I have to make sure people get their products tomorrow!! Lol but hammond is 25 min from me... Maybe I'll be nice and make drive for my sis... Since they are my nieces... One my goddaughter! Was this same place on Craigslist? Can u pm me name ?