twinspots_goby's collection

bennyblanco

Thanks.....you just made my zoa addiction kick back in. Been 9months sober(last time I bought some zoas) Haha....

Nice looking collection!

lunacris

so your a chalice collector huh lol very nice collection you have there num 3 in first and 5 and 6 in second post are my fav jealous i always manage to melt these havent figure out the trick yet

twinspots_goby

Yes. I'm a big time chalice and favia collector. But begin collecting z/p's a year ago.

I have lost many of z/p's in the past till I found dipping them with hydrogen peroxides. Most of my z/p's loss were due to fungus. Since begin dipping them with HP, I haven't lost any. I wish I knew this trick earlier. If you have the same problem, give the HP dip a try.

so your a chalice collector huh lol very nice collection you have there num 3 in first and 5 and 6 in second post are my fav jealous i always manage to melt these havent figure out the trick yet

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Yes. I'm a big time chalice and favia collector. But begin collecting z/p's a year ago.

I have lost many of z/p's in the past till I found dipping them with hydrogen peroxides. Most of my z/p's loss were due to fungus. Since begin dipping them with HP, I haven't lost any. I wish I knew this trick earlier. If you have the same problem, give the HP dip a try.
I would like some instructions or links regarding dipping zoas.. Lost so many :mad:

youngreef

aoooouhhhhhhhh...beautiful.... man, make sure you lock your door and you tank...
I'm going to steal it someday...

Cubbies

Very nice! I have lots of them too and I dip them in HP as well and they do very well. Just have to watch it on the amount and time.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Do you did in hp when they start to melt or do you do it as a precaution and dip every specimen when you first get them?

twinspots_goby

I'm been doing both. For my exsiting corals, whenever I spot one that's been closed for days or seems to be covered with algae or fungus, I will dip them with HP for like 5-15 minutes depending on how bad. After dipping, i will use a very soft toothbrush to brush off the bad stuffs and rinse it with fresh tank water before putting it back. Some z/p's might close from hours to days before reopen. But I haven't lost any since I beginning using HP dipping method.

For newly acquired z/p's, I alwasy dip them with HP for like 5 minutes prior putting them into my tank. It becomes a part of my acclimation process.

Do you did in hp when they start to melt or do you do it as a precaution and dip every specimen when you first get them?