TX SPS Tank - The Maroon Lagoon

gig em

One of the corals I bought from AquaSD a couple months ago I bought because it looked like it had the potential to be a combination or blue, red, and green. AMAZING!!!

Well as corals directly from the ocean tend to do, it completely lost those colors and became a drab green with nice blue tips. Yeah it looked nice, but nothing special. Well tonight I was looking at it with actinics on, and it looks like red is starting to slowly reappear! Whoop! So pumped if this trend continues, it could be a real stunner if it does.

And here's my little collection of "high end" frags. Im currently in a stage of "high end" expansion for a better coral portfolio I just think they look pretty.

Last edited:

gig em

I should mix me up some fish food also, Great looking tank!!
Thanks! It sure has hit its stride lately. Although my Alk did swing from 11 to 5 last week when the CO2 tank ran empty without me noticing. Luckily it just resulted in a couple burned tips and not a single casualty. When an aquarium is healthy, corals sure can take quite a beating!

gig em

Took some PAR measurements in the tank today. As expected, high readings directly under the LEDs, lower towards the front of the tank and as it gets deeper.

gig em

Added a gorgeous gem today! I'm hopeful it lives a long life, it's such a colorful specimen.

The RR Firecracker is coming along nicely