Use of brs co2 scrubber on my 120!! [emoji41]

jrpark22000

Premium member
No offense taken . Yea im shocked with all my googling of ph in last few weeks ive havent come across one mention of this so to find out its old news is new news to me
It's been a couple years, 2-3 maybe but there was quite a bit of talk of them. It's been so long I can't remember where the effe I first read about them. I just use a regular reactor from Avast, but instead of water and media, I just put in soda lime and hook it up to the sklimmer input.

Rcunning8

Premium member
lol someone says plants are good for the aquarium. This is what Ryan does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rcunning8

Premium member
It's been a couple years, 2-3 maybe but there was quite a bit of talk of them. It's been so long I can't remember where the effe I first read about them. I just use a regular reactor from Avast, but instead of water and media, I just put in soda lime and hook it up to the sklimmer input.
Hold on there is supposed to be water in this co2 scrubber? I thought this was a dry reactor??

jrpark22000

Premium member
Hold on there is supposed to be water in this co2 scrubber? I thought this was a dry reactor??
Sorry I wasn't clear. Instead of putting water and media (ex gfo or GAC) in this reactor, I use ONLY the sodalime. No water at all in the co2 scrubber.

#theMatrix

Yea with what probe? I bet u 20 bucks if u get new apex with new ph probe ur ph more like 8.0 -8.1 if that

RkE probe calibrated with ph packets in december last month. Also have a stand alone hanna ph checker calibrated also.

Ph stays at high to low 8.4 all day and night

madjoe

Premium member
Im always late to the party

- - - Updated - - -

well, easy enough. I've never taken off any of the tape (with change dates) from day 1. It was installed 4/2012.

It hangs from the top of the inside of my DT cabinet.

View attachment 19637

View attachment 19638
Thats alot of media how long that last

jrpark22000

Premium member
Im always late to the party
- - - Updated - - -
Thats alot of media how long that last
Depends on the time of year. Summer I don't change it for months. The house is open and pH is up. In winter, worse case is 3 weeks to 3# of media before it's all purple. I usually go another 2 weeks beyond all purple before pH drops enough to warrant changing it.

Rcunning8

Premium member
Depends on the time of year. Summer I don't change it for months. The house is open and pH is up. In winter, worse case is 3 weeks to 3# of media before it's all purple. I usually go another 2 weeks beyond all purple before pH drops enough to warrant changing it.
How deep of a purple are u looking for before changing? Or does it happen from top to bottom and when it's all used up the top turns purple and then it's time to change

jrpark22000

Premium member
How deep of a purple are u looking for before changing? Or does it happen from top to bottom and when it's all used up the top turns purple and then it's time to change
It will depend on your airflow. I make the incoming air come in through the center tube to the bottom of the reactor, it then flows up through the media bed evenly. Media will turn purple from bottom of the reactor and works it's way up. Once it turns purple, it doens't get any more purple. It's easy to watch the progress over a couple week timeframe as the media is consumed. I've read it you leave it long enough it'll turn white again (the now white media is still consumed,) but even leaving it in the reactor for 4 or more months, it always stays purple for me.

madjoe

Premium member
Daym 3lbs in 3 weeks can get expensive lol

Rcunning8

Premium member
Daym 3lbs in 3 weeks can get expensive lol
Combined with increased growth means u have to dose more too according to Ryan from brs tv I think he sed and don't quote me here that they had to increase their dosing by like 25 percent. I already run through a gallon of each a month and that shiz is expensive but on the other hand u are getting more coral out of it and therefore more frags if u want too but I try and only make frags when I absolutely have to because stuff is touching

madjoe

Premium member
Combined with increased growth means u have to dose more too according to Ryan from brs tv I think he sed and don't quote me here that they had to increase their dosing by like 25 percent. I already run through a gallon of each a month and that shiz is expensive but on the other hand u are getting more coral out of it and therefore more frags if u want too but I try and only make frags when I absolutely have to because stuff is touching

I dose the brs stuff i have like a yrs worth so thats no issue i plan to be like u and not frag till i have huge colonies besides by the time my 100$ frag grows its worth 10$ lol cost me more to grow it smh. Im tired of the frag forest . As long as i beat this crap slime the plan is to upgrade in spring to a 180 6ft tank which kinda means starting over once again but the 6ft swimming area be worth it for my tangs happyness

anarchy

Woo can't wait^^

I was tempted to do this last year. It was on my list of projects and some how got pushed to the back burner and forgot about. Looks like ill be watching to see how it goes and may do it this year

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk