Vendors and Photoshopping.

lolgranny

Id agree with the vendors looking like some photos! Ive had a great experience with alot. I know a few that do and its crazy, but what can we do :/

MrDemonicAngel

Id agree with the vendors looking like some photos! Ive had a great experience with alot. I know a few that do and its crazy, but what can we do :/
We can keep this thread open so it can make everyone aware and make their own conscience decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaman

we can post a thread of venders that do .. I know there will be some that will not agree with that .. but I say you should get whats presented to you mabe if ppl stop buying from the shady venders .. then the honest one will get more attention

DD

"Rambo"
we can post a thread of venders that do .. I know there will be some that will not agree with that .. but I say you should get whats presented to you mabe if ppl stop buying from the shady venders .. then the honest one will get more attention
That would be a bad idea in general. Especially if a vendor or two are sponsors on here.

I think we all know more or less who does and does not alter their photos.

Anyone who is new to purchasing corals, please google images of what coral you are looking into purchasing. You'll get a general idea of what you're getting.

Also keep in mind that if a vendor photographs something under 20K radiums, it's going to look different than a photo taken under led's.

Gary

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd throw an example of how easy it is to photoshop something.

I was taking a pic of one of my acros just a little while ago, and ended up with a photo that looks nothing like the coral does in real life, and I didn't even try that hard to fake it.

I'm using a canon xsi with a tamron 180mm lens, and a benbo macro tripod with ballhead.

First the true to life color image:

Now the "photoshopped" image:

Keep in mind, I didn't even go crazy with the color adjustments. Give me a black background, the right angle and color light, photoshop, and an hour, and I can make that look really crazy.

Just wanted to throw this out there for all of us who buy corals online, to only find they don't look anywhere near the same.

Personally I think it's bad business to "shop" your corals to make them sell. I won't buy from certain vendors because of this.

I ended up with the second pic on my first attempt at white balancing in post production. I looked at the coral after I saved the pic, and was like dang, that's not even close. The first shot is pretty much identical.

One additional thing to keep in mind is that even if a vendor, or hobbyist has a pic that looks crazy, it may not have any photoshopping done to it. Macro lenses magnify the subject ridiculously and you'll often times see things that you never saw with just your eye.
Yo can I get a frag of that second acro? It's nice.

The first one is blah but you got some nice acros there. ;)