Video Tour: 300 gallon & 140 gallon reefs + FISH ROOM

Hey guys,

Thought I would share my video of my two mixed reef tanks and my basement Life support fish room! The 140 gallon has been up for about 7 years and the 300 gallon has been up for about a month. They are both tied together across the house into the basement fish room.
I have a build thread on the other site but wanted to share the video with ya'll.

MAKE SURE TO CHANGE SETTINGS TO HD 1080 or 720 !!

Thanks for watching in advance!

[video=youtube;0DPiugdOIbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DPiugdOIbs[/video]

JIM

gji

Wow, just wow- that is one serious system- I'm jealous, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mel 2038

That's very impressive. Do you think you could share, how you run your drains from the main tanks to the sump?

That's very impressive. Do you think you could share, how you run your drains from the main tanks to the sump?
Sure,

The 300 gallon has two 1.5" drains that meet into a 3" drain that goes through the floor straight down into the basement. From there a couple of turns and it runs into the sump... Both drains have an "Air diffuser" above the sump which lets all air out so there are NO bubbles. Another reefer taught me this before this build and it was HUGE!! I have only seen it on his tank but it literally gets all the air out. If you put your hand up to it you can feel a rush of air-pretty cool. You can see both on the video they are just Y shaped pvc with a ball valve sticking up on an angle. The 140 was a bit more complicated cause it needs to run 25 feet across the house. It has 1" drains that combine into a 1.5 " pipe which runs in the ceiling of the basement into the fishroom. Both drains empty into the left side of the sump and are tied together there into the same filter sock.

If you check out my build thread you might get more information- it's on the other site (not sure if I can add url here rules?) and my user name is jlnielsen13 Name of thread is : Jim's 300 Gallon Reef Build Thread-Landlocked so bringing the ocean to me!

Hope that helps,

LMK-
JIM

William Lutman

Hey guys,

Thought I would share my video of my two mixed reef tanks and my basement Life support fish room! The 140 gallon has been up for about 7 years and the 300 gallon has been up for about a month. They are both tied together across the house into the basement fish room.
I have a build thread on the other site but wanted to share the video with ya'll.

MAKE SURE TO CHANGE SETTINGS TO HD 1080 or 720 !!

Thanks for watching in advance!

[video=youtube;0DPiugdOIbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DPiugdOIbs[/video]

JIM
Very nice Jim

Mel 2038

Hi Jim, I will definitely check out your other build thread. Thank you for bringing us into your home and sharing, and Thank you for answering my question.