Vortech MP40 Wet Side Falling Off Glass

enzo1028

Premium member
Lately my wet half of my MP40 has been falling off the glass about once a week. I tried removing the stick on black background I had on the tank, I cleaned the inside and out of the tank, cleaned the wet side with a toothbrush and vinegar soak, I even tried a different position for the powerhead and have experience the same thing.

Any suggestions to get this thing to stick? It’s just over a year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superchargedgp

See if the ceramic bearing/shaft isnt sticking on the wet side. It can cause it to stall abruptly and kinda fling it off the glass. Especially at higher pump speed

GugsJr

TeamCR
I had the medium spacer on mine as recommended and had the problem. I put on the thin one no issues since

enzo1028

Premium member
See if the ceramic bearing/shaft isnt sticking on the wet side. It can cause it to stall abruptly and kinda fling it off the glass. Especially at higher pump speed

I haven’t heard or seen any evidence of it sticking

enzo1028

Premium member
I had the medium spacer on mine as recommended and had the problem. I put on the thin one no issues since
That might be he issue. I totally forgot it came with a thinner spacer. I switched out the medium for the thin. I will see how this works

Mjl714

I haven’t heard or seen any evidence of it sticking

As far as sticking, I would check that the impeller spins freely, just after you finish cleaning and reassemble, then you’re good to go in that regard.