was given a 65 gallon Container.. But Really dirty

Yesturday I was given this http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/064724-norwesco-65-gallon-vertical-storage-tank.html#.UObyHm881NI for free its basically a holding container for saltwater. Inside very dirty spiders, dirt and looks like remains of a pump. Only problem is I cant get inside to clean it since the opening is too small what is the best way to sterilize this thing. Or should I take it somewhere to make sure its cleaned all my salt mix will go into this mixed with RODI so I am really worried about keeping it clean. What would you guys do to get it cleaned. Also my hose outside is frozen not sure who let water sit in it but I no longer have access to my water hose :(

View attachment 10023

yogoshio

1:10 bleach ratio the rinse multiple times. Just get all the stuff out with a power washer or something first.

one gallon of bleach to ten gallons of water? Sorry don't own a power washer. What if I put in a maxi jet and just mixed it with bleach and water would that work?

yogoshio

It'll take longer but that would work. And the ratio is just that, a ratio. 1 part to 10 parts, so whatever will fit.

BADGUS

If you don't do the power was thing, 2 gallons of vinegar and 5of water tipped on the side rotating it a few times will leave it spic and span and also sterile.

Joe5688

Lemme know Dre. I've been looking for a sw container. I just got a 7g potable container with a spigot for ro water which is nice

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Power washer at the car wash followed by a bleach or vinegar soak. Rinse out thoroughly; start thawing out your hose now.

DJE

I have the same one and all I used was vinegar. I used a small stick just long enough to reach the bottom and put a rag on it to help me clean it on the inside.

Is there a certain kind of Vinegar you used? Also mine has sand and other debris from god knows what in it so I will still have to use the powerwash method! Thank god I have a rental car right now for at least the next few days!

I have the same one and all I used was vinegar. I used a small stick just long enough to reach the bottom and put a rag on it to help me clean it on the inside.

DJE

Is there a certain kind of Vinegar you used? Also mine has sand and other debris from god knows what in it so I will still have to use the powerwash method! Thank god I have a rental car right now for at least the next few days!
Just regular white vinegar. I have a PW but I'm sure you're probably too far to drive up to me. Let me know if that's a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosko23

Plain white vinegar