Water reservoir

ptw205

Is there anywhere in the Chicago area that I can buy a water reservoir for an ATO system? I am looking for something that is a polycarbonate and at least 40 gallons. Online resources seem to be the only places that sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#theMatrix

Craigslist has them...
A 40gal for ato seems too much 40g tank is more of a rodi storage...unless you have a 1000g tank and need to top off a 300g sump

ptw205

That's a little sketchy. They may have been used to store liquids other than water

quallabear

His prices are a little higher, but they stock them if you need it right away. When I ordered online I got them within a week, they were drop shipped from the factory in Iowa

ptw205

His prices are a little higher, but they stock them if you need it right away. When I ordered online I got them within a week, they were drop shipped from the factory in Iowa
I looked at ordering online but the shipping is almost as expensive as the container. Where do you order from?

quallabear

Plastic-mart.com. I got a 20g and a 10g with shipping for about $200. I figured with local tax, time and gas that it was probably about the same as shipping would have been

Paulip

Given that we have some concerns, is there a thorough way to chemically rinse these drums? Something like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda or vinegar solution?

I looked on craigs list and looked for rain barrels. I found a guy that takes barrels from some pickling plant and then makes rain barrels out of them.