Weird Request

So to make a long story short. my upstairs neighbor has been out of town for a month and they have had a slow leak in their toilet that leaked into my bathroom and master bedroom where my tank is. It is prob. going to be close to $10,000 in damage. The point is that I am trying to sell my place and my bed and bath will now have to be redone. I will have to move my tank but do not have anywhere to move it. Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having my 40breeder setup in their basement or taking all my livestock for awhile. I will pay rent and food and what not. I do not have lots of livestock but I have lots of rock. I dont have to keep the rock live. I guess I just dont know what to do. This may be only a couple months or it could be up to a year. Just thought I would throw it out there. I have a tank build here...... http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394
which shows all of my livestock or at least 90% of it.

lunacris

im far but plenty of room also this happened to my sister three times with the upstairs persos radiant heat they had to pay three times to get it fixed people upstairs i mean let me know if i can help

Thank you to all. Moving the tank is not my first priority, but at some point it will have to be moved. I am just kind of putting feelers out there to see if anyone has space. So far I have a couple people. I talk to insurance tomorrow and my ins will have to fight it out with the upstairs ins. My house is on the market right now and hoping to move to a home with a basement. But the story goes on and on....no need to bore anyone. I might have to rent for a year or two and may not have room for the tank. Thank you again to all. I will keep everyone posted. I will post some pics of the damage too....haha :(

Smitty

Premium member
I'd love to help if nobody else can. I just moved into a new place in oak lawn, and have plenty of space.

Smitty

Premium member
You can't/don't want to set it up at your parents house...If possible? I did that with my fw tank years ago.

mr_z

im far but plenty of room also this happened to my sister three times with the upstairs persos radiant heat they had to pay three times to get it fixed people upstairs i mean let me know if i can help
yeah chris has a pretty empty basement that could fit a few 200 gallon tanks nicely lol.

Smitty

Premium member
Just let me know when...you're more than welcome to stop by. I'm free the next day or two if you wanna stop by.

Just a little update....I had the insurance appraiser by today and they will have a price for me tom. He said that the carper in the bedroom and closet are bad. 2 walls in the bedroom. 2 walls and the ceiling in the bathroom are bad. So tomorrow I will be spending the full day tearing up my place to make it ready for the contractor. I am still in limbo about the tank....trying so hard to keep it but just not sure yet.

lunacris

Well good luck looks like u have plenty of work. And a bunch of people ready to help with tank. Good luck

Smitty

Premium member
Good luck with everything bro...you should try to keep the tank in the house if possible. Also, are you doing the demolition yourself?