Weldon locally?

jcarlilesiu

Anyone know where I can purchase Weldon 4 or 16 locally?
Yeah, I grabbed mine (actually the wife picked some up) at an acrylic store on the west side of the city.

Whoa, that took me a lot longer to find than I thought. She went in to pick up some weld-on #16 and she said these guys were really nice.

They even said that if you bought the acrylic from them, and give them a template, they will laser cut all of the pieces for free.

http://www.petersenplastics.com/

Hope that helps.

PufferMan

Yeah, I grabbed mine (actually the wife picked some up) at an acrylic store on the west side of the city.

Whoa, that took me a lot longer to find than I thought. She went in to pick up some weld-on #16 and she said these guys were really nice.

They even said that if you bought the acrylic from them, and give them a template, they will laser cut all of the pieces for free.

http://www.petersenplastics.com/

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I was hoping to find somewhere out closer to the burbs, but you are right, that stuff seems to be a real pain to find. Yet, that is what everyone highly recommends for any acrylic bonding. I'll have to keep them in mind if I can't find anything.

jcarlilesiu

Thanks, I was hoping to find somewhere out closer to the burbs, but you are right, that stuff seems to be a real pain to find. Yet, that is what everyone highly recommends for any acrylic bonding. I'll have to keep them in mind if I can't find anything.
It really is a must have for acrylic bonding.

I used the weld-on #2 (I think that was the number) which is more liquid to quickly bond the pieces of my sump together. Then I came back with #6 and created a nice clean seem.

It was water tight and solid from the get go. It actually melts the plastic together.

As far as finding it "locally" as in big name hardware or hobby shops... I couldn't find it. Not at Home Depot, Hobby Lobby or other. Had to either get it online or at very specialty shops like the one listed.

WeePee

i have a little bit of #4 left over, but i'd say the best place is amazon.
its where i got mine, and its probably the cheapest you can find.

Catran

No problem, I hate going into the City for stuff. I have a condo there and cringe when I have to make the drive in all that traffic, lol!