Well I finally did it

elite01

I went ahead and derimmed my 29 Gal bio. Pleasantly surprised at how clean it all turned out. I'd like to thank [MENTION=1187]Siebo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=814]tinman[/MENTION] for all the advice and help. It only took me about 45 minutes to remove the lid and clean all of the silicone off. Let me know what yall think

Inocense

Are you planing to put the mesh cover back on that you had in the "before pic"? Once you lowered the water level did you have any problems with the skimmer water level being too low to skim?

Looks nice! And I would love to do this one day, I have all sorts of heat issues with that damn hood.. :-/

elite01

The hydor slim skim does take some dialing in to get it to produce skimmate. But I have not had to lower the water level. Still full maybe about 1/8" from the rim. The op3n top is fantastic and I have my MH suspended high enough that I have zero heat issues. The mesh top keeps my goby inside and good o2 exchange. You should go for it, it only took about 20 minutes or so to remove and another 15 for all the silicone. Lmk if you have anymore questions. I had plenty of help before i went in on this

elite01

Fts got a a few new pieces. I got my jebao wp10 in the mail but took a crap on me about a week into use. Waiting for a replacement in the mail. I haven't forgotten about the pump @davedudley :)

Now just to wait for everything to grow out and fill up everything.

madjoe

Premium member
The hydor slim skim does take some dialing in to get it to produce skimmate. But I have not had to lower the water level. Still full maybe about 1/8" from the rim. The op3n top is fantastic and I have my MH suspended high enough that I have zero heat issues. The mesh top keeps my goby inside and good o2 exchange. You should go for it, it only took about 20 minutes or so to remove and another 15 for all the silicone. Lmk if you have anymore questions. I had plenty of help before i went in on this
Looks good but how u put u hand in there without water going over the top lol. Looks way better with out the rim though