Well, this is ugly...

This latest season has been really annoying. They have been only catering to celebrities which is just stupid, considering now they are just being treated as a status symbol. And sure Tanked may have not always been the best show to really show off the hobby, but at least seeing normal people and businesses get cool tanks was nice. Now it is just stupid.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Yeah for at least two reasons. Tank owners who think saltwater fish are cool and no one telling them how hard it is and people selling tanks to suit people's wildest dreams vs based on the actual requirement of the livestock.

Sorry, Rant over. Back you your regulary scheduled programming... :teevee:

Reefwise

Premium Sponsor
We have talked to some of those people. They literally put the fish into the tanks without acclimating them just like the show depicts. I used to assume they just didn't show that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
We have talked to some of those people. They literally put the fish into the tanks without acclimating them just like the show depicts. I used to assume they just didn't show that part.

They show them aclimating them in a garbage can and say they acclimating them ive seen some tanks on ebay they made lol. I havent acclimated a fish in yrs thats not what killing em its dropping a boat load of fish in a brand new tank all at once thats killing the dam fish i must amit i do watch the show i find those idiots pretty funny id never have them make me anything guess i just enjoy anything reef related no matter how dumb it is lol. Oh i do find it funny that after the first season when all the forums bashed them and said they were fish killers that now during every build they point out the huge uv sterilizer they install to keep there fish healthy lol thats a joke plus most there builds they cram every kind of tang and angel they can it them and most tanks although alot of gallons there foot print usually small and no places to hide im sure thats part the the issue . Also seen them call a king angel a friendly fish lol sorry rant over and your right they suck dam fish killers

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
Oh did u guys also notice they dont even now what most fish r seen them tell somebody oh look at this rhomboid wrasse or something like that and it was just a cheapo flasher wrasse again what idiots

Kamreefer

one thing that bothered me aside from the non acclimation process is they dont ever focus on real coral and real setups even fish tank king has very few episodes like that

madjoe

Premium member
one thing that bothered me aside from the non acclimation process is they dont ever focus on real coral and real setups even fish tank king has very few episodes like that

Yea they had two episodes with non famous people since all famous people now we wont see that no more