Well this sucks

willtheld

Well the y garden hose split I use to break off the water from my laundry to my rodi failed pretty dramatically and busted apart spewing water all over my laundry room today. Never in my life have I seen this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
Wow. Hopefully you were standing close by or someone heard it quickly. I can imaing that'd drop a lot of water on your floor pretty quickly.

98silverado

We had something similar happen to our house in Michigan but it was going to the ice machine. 3.5 inches of water and $22,000 in damage

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mjl714

Yikes, Sorry to hear of this. I've got a very similar part for the same purpose. It broke off the water pipe?

willtheld

Yikes, Sorry to hear of this. I've got a very similar part for the same purpose. It broke off the water pipe?
It actually broke where the stem of the y meets the part that screws onto the spicket

willtheld

Sorry for the late response, I got home a couple of days ago from being out of town the whole month.

Yes mine looked like that. I looked closer when I got home and it showed a ton of corrosion inside the splitter. I swapped it out for heavy duty plastic one to hopefully avoid that issue again.