What are you lighting your fuge with?

willtheld

I just got my fuge online. I'm lighting it with a clip on light with a warm white CFl light, for about 12hrs a day (though i just bumped it up to 18). I saw some interesting LED options out there, from DIY to Kessil offering a $300 option. There was a review of the kessil where a guy was growing and then selling his cut off cheato every few weeks to his LFS, claiming this light will pay for itself.

So just curios, What are you guys using?

xj_matt

Premium member
I just got my fuge online. I'm lighting it with a clip on light with a warm white CFl light, for about 12hrs a day (though i just bumped it up to 18). I saw some interesting LED options out there, from DIY to Kessil offering a $300 option. There was a review of the kessil where a guy was growing and then selling his cut off cheato every few weeks to his LFS, claiming this light will pay for itself.

So just curios, What are you guys using?
I am lighting mine with just a Philips plant light and I have no problem growing it with that light

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Regular bulb from Home Depot will work. My Cheato grows so fast. Like Ninja said I am not aware of any local stores that will buy it from you. Maybe for a $1. A guy on the other forum sells bags for $15 shipped and people are flocking like crazy..

Fish_wiz2

Usually I always recommend either a cheap 5000K CFL or cheap 5000K LED PAR 38 from Home Depot or similar which works great and grows macros easily. BUT... I recently got a Coral Compulsion PAR30 fuge bulb and that thing BLOWS these cheap bulbs out the water. I'm growing all sorts of macros and easy corals under it.