What fish for my 29 nano???

jfmkem82

I have just upgraded to a 29 gl from my 14 gl cube. It is set up as a reef / fish tank. I have 2 clown fish in the 29 now and want to add a couple more fish. I want something with some color that won't immediately go into hiding and are compatible with soft corals.

Suggestions?

98silverado

I just put two firefish into my 30 and they are awesome. But I agree above. Chromis are a good option as well as an anthias or possibly a small wrasse

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xj_matt

Premium member
Wrasse are jumpers abs well as firefish, both good opinions if you screen the top or canopy,sand sifting goby would be Kool once again a jumper if starteld. Cardinals would be a option Royal gramma is a cool fish 2

ReeferRick

Blue Gudgeon goby.
They can be vety shy,but once comfortable, they are beauties.

Yellow choris and 6 lines are colorful too.

jfmkem82

Just a follow up. After your suggestions I went forward and bought the following,

McCosker Flasher Wrasse
Orchid Dotyback
Sleeper Gold Head Goby

Thanks to all

Paulip

How is the upgrade going? Do you have misgivings going from 14 to 29? That is not much of a change in effective water volume. Thinking you you should have gone 50 gallon with a large sump? Thanks for your reply.

phish2277

How's ur new fish doing? My wife and I had a similar debate on what fish to put with pipefish. We end up getting a PJ Cardinal, firefish, scissortail, and a yellow watchmen. They are all getting along well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk