What is MASNA? - Why your $20 should be spent to become a individual sponsor

First because as the newewst member of the MASNA Board of Directors and Membership Director it will make Uncle Carl happy.

Second MASNA is going to try to educate people of Hawaii why sustainable coral and fish harvesting is possible and the benefits to not stopping all exports from the islands as pending legislation would do.

Third a large influx of individual sponsors from the Midwest will not hurt our chances of getting a MACNA conference in our region since MASNA picks the locations for MACNA.

What is MASNA. Those of you who have attended MACNA know that MASNA is the association that sanctions MACNA, chooses the hosting sites, and that members get early access to the MACNA Exhibit Hall. But MACNA is much more...
MASNA is a non-profit organization composed of marine aquarium clubs and individual hobbyists from North America and abroad, totaling several thousand individuals. MASNA's goals are to:

Educate our members with online and published material, the MACNA conference, and other sanctioned events
Assist in forming and promoting the growth of clubs within the hobby while ensuring a sustainable future for the marine environment
Support the efforts to eliminate abuses in collecting and transporting marine organisms through education, assistance and encouragement
Encourage the ethical growth of the marine aquarium hobby and support captive breeding/propagation efforts

It helps clubs with speakers for their local events and speaks for us the home hobbists on legislation that impacts our ability to sustain our tanks.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Hi Carl and congrats!
I was just on the MASNA site. It is correct that you must email this address to inquire about membership? membership@masna.org
There didn't appear to be any way to sign up online.

Hi Carl and congrats!
I was just on the MASNA site. It is correct that you must email this address to inquire about membership? membership@masna.org
There didn't appear to be any way to sign up online.
If you sent to that address it will end up in my email box at MASNA. I thought they had implemented the auto sign up. I will double check and post to this site by Tuesday. They are still training me on the process.

To become an individual sponsor go to the MASNA site can be located at http://www.masna.org/

1>You must create a user ID first, see the register button on the far right by the login button.

2>On the left side of the screen is the join/renew button

$20 is less than the cost of many of the fish in your tank but added to the contributions of others it can provide a force to educate the public, provide support for clubs and provide those new to our hobby with valuable information.