What is this???????

1fishjones

Premium member
Check it out at Lionfish Lair's hitchhikers guide.

www.lionfishlair.com › hitchhiker

This guide it meant to be used as a starting point when you have NO idea what just hitchhiked into your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

york3rdbase

Premium member
Thanks that was helpful. Found it, now only if it would come out again so I can grab it

rako1

Premium member
You will never pull him out of that rock. You will only tear it in half and not kill him. If you want it out you have to take the rock out or trap it

If you knew where the rock came from, it might be easier to narrow down what kind of worm it is. If it makes you feel better, I wish I had some of these in my tank.

#theMatrix

What i did was....
Took the rock out. Placed RO in a bucket. Placed rock in bucket and the bristle worm came right out looking for the salt lvl its used to...grabbed it with tongs and rock went back in tank.

:shrugs:

If you can get him out alive, I'm sure someone would take him. You have a very slight chance he's bad, but a great chance he is good.

york3rdbase

Premium member
I'm fairly positive it's the Caribbean Fireworm. The websites say to watch it, as it is possible that can be harmful to reefs, however, most videos show it acting peacefully. The rock it is in has a few corals attached, so I don't want to jeopardize them by pulling the rock out. Hopefully it stays peaceful.