What is this?

bryman

Not 100% sure from the pics but if it is the algae you are referring to it could be briopsis. There are a number of ways to get rid of it including Tech M, hydrogen peroxide and other methods. Google it and you should find a lot of info.

Bboyeze57

just googled biopsis, it doesn't appear to have that characteristic. H202 could eliminate it in a heartbeat

Last edited:

bryman

Ah Ok, now I see clearer. Looks like aptasia. You can use peppermint shrimp, joes juice, aptasiax, or glue/epoxy over.

Bboyeze57

Ah Ok, now I see clearer. Looks like aptasia. You can use peppermint shrimp, joes juice, aptasiax, or glue/epoxy over.
Glue over it? Never would have thought of that. I heard 50/50 with peppermint shrimp, good results with aptasia x
Thanks for the reply

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I'm thinking it's aiptasia too. I like peppermint shrimp for it but you're correct in thinking it doesn't always work. Vinegar and a sharp syringe has worked for me too. You just have to inject it in the stalk area before it retracts into the rock.

Peaches

First pic is not aptasia looks like hydroids or what ever they are called . Nasty little fellas ive been told