What kind of algae?

anarchy

It's grown on my rocks but only as tiny strands now I found that clump in my overflow. Just curious good? bad?

maazreef

It's grown on my rocks but only as tiny strands now I found that clump in my overflow. Just curious good? bad?
Turf.
Not good. It will over populate the tank in months. Do not continue to break off inside the tank.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

anarchy

That big clump was in my overflow so they couldn't get to it but there's a tuxedo urchin in each tank and the algae is minimal. Only small amounts in hard to reach areas

maazreef

My urchins love it. They've been eating it like candy
Turf is no joke. My urchin couldnt keep up. I had to borrow a seahare from william.

But still came back.

When i went through a 6 month break i
Dried up the rock.
As soon as i set up and introduced the dry rock to water the turf still came back.

anarchy

I have green turf and yea that urchin i gave u eats all of it
Yeah I saw some green turf in the overflow too but not in the tank.
Turf is no joke. My urchin couldnt keep up. I had to borrow a seahare from william.

But still came back.

When i went through a 6 month break i
Dried up the rock.
As soon as i set up and introduced the dry rock to water the turf still came back.

Yeah when I upgrade I'm giving everything an acid bath and running a ton of gfo while it cures. I've got bad gba also so we will see what happens

madjoe

Premium member
Yeah I saw some green turf in the overflow too but not in the tank.

Yeah when I upgrade I'm giving everything an acid bath and running a ton of gfo while it cures. I've got bad gba also so we will see what happens
Been there dine that it comes back unless u bleach everything . And honestly i was pissed about it at first but the urchins keep it in check and imo my tank looks great and really dont botice it any more

anarchy

Been there dine that it comes back unless u bleach everything . And honestly i was pissed about it at first but the urchins keep it in check and imo my tank looks great and really dont botice it any more
Yeah that's what I meant the whole acid then bleach then cure

madjoe

Premium member
Yeah that's what I meant the whole acid then bleach then cure
Yea but im talking whole system power heads pumps skimmer basically drain system and fill with bleach and water let run for a week. I broke down tank acud washed broke down fuge but left system running put rock back in and bam its back just like bubble algae

anarchy

Yea but im talking whole system power heads pumps skimmer basically drain system and fill with bleach and water let run for a week. I broke down tank acud washed broke down fuge but left system running put rock back in and bam its back just like bubble algae
Hell I'll do anything to get rid of the bubble algae. I may even bleach the fish and coral lol