What the Phosphate!!!!

Smitty

Premium member
I would personally put a small bag of phosphate media in the bucket to remove it. A bottle of phos guard cost about $7 bucks.

SkunkerX

I am wondering what kind of rock that is. Are you sure it's reef safe rock and not some stuff yanked out of the ground in someone's backyard?
Dont know what kind of rock it is. I helped a friend that is a mover break down 1 salt and 2 fresh tanks in a lawyers office I dont know how long there were up

and doubt that he knew what kind of rock although I never asked him in turn I got all the rock, fish and some equipment. " really wish I could of kept the blue face angel"

it was a fish only setup. So who knows it could of come out of his backyard for all I know.

Rodney

Dont know what kind of rock it is. I helped a friend that is a mover break down 1 salt and 2 fresh tanks in a lawyers office I dont know how long there were up

and doubt that he knew what kind of rock although I never asked him in turn I got all the rock, fish and some equipment. " really wish I could of kept the blue face angel"

it was a fish only setup. So who knows it could of come out of his backyard for all I know.
Sorry to say but I would get different rock. Was the rock used in a fish only tank? Was this tank ever treated with copper?

SkunkerX

Sorry to say but I would get different rock. Was the rock used in a fish only tank? Was this tank ever treated with copper?
As far as I know it was not because I have been having the water tested for copper ever since I put it in my 20 gallon and it kept coming back zero.

It came out of a 92 gal corner tank and the uv was like almost 3ft long and I didnt find any bottles of copper treatment on anything while taking it down.

Rodney

As far as I know it was not because I have been having the water tested for copper ever since I put it in my 20 gallon and it kept coming back zero.

It came out of a 92 gal corner tank and the uv was like almost 3ft long and I didnt find any bottles of copper treatment on anything while taking it down.
Sounds like your on top of the copper ideal. :rockon: