What to do if the electricity goes out in these thunderstorms?

lunacris

not too much unless you have a generator they do sell battery operated power heads to keep water flow probally not best quality but when your desperate cant be picky heaters im not sure about

Smitty

Premium member
In this type of weather, temp isn't much of a problem...but if your electricity go out, circulate the water every few minutes. I personally take a large cup and scoop the water out the tank and pour it back in. This creates water movement and gives oxygen. Depending on the size of the tank, it will be ok for a few hours if left unattended.

mr_z

its a thirty gallon tank so i think its small enough to be undisturbed for a few hours.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I've seen little battery powered air pumps with air stones for sale, but i've never used one. Won't help us for tonights storms, though...

fastrc

I own a few battery powered air pumps and i have generators but they are only good if i or someone is home to turn them on, wish i was rich enough for an automatic generator system!

EyeReef

Ive put my 2 battery powered air pumps to use a few times already ....It works for short term, but fortunately for me the outage has never been more than for a few hrs