What to get for my camera

anarchy

Theres some picture of my wifes camera below. I want to be able to take those crazy macro shots. What do i need? Size lenses? Extension tubes? I know nothing about cameras. Im the guy that always uses his phone to take pictures of his fish and coral so any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mjl714

Theres some picture of my wifes camera below. I want to be able to take those crazy macro shots. What do i need? Size lenses? Extension tubes? I know nothing about cameras. Im the guy that always uses his phone to take pictures of his fish and coral so any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Wish I could tell you. I'm going to try the exrension tubes, we'll see how it works. The camera I have has a 22mm lense.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
If you want to go cheap, get the extension tubes or the magnifying lenses you screw on to the front of your lens. Either way, you're looking at $20. I usually use tubes, just because they are easier for my. However tonight I played around with the magnifying lenses and I think I got somewhat better pics. I'll post some on my thread later.

That said, if you want REALLY good photos, drop $500-700 buck in a macro lens.

Personally, I'm not trying to be a photographer, I'm just trying to be a reefer that is able to capture the true look of my corals.

Last edited:
i don't think you're going to be able to use extension tubes with that 18-55. I bought extension tubes and had to also buy a new 75-300mm zoom lens because extension tube plus the stock 18-55mm I could only take pics of things that were at most a few inches from the lens. Also, the thing is a beast and I find it difficult to actually use because of its size. I think my next splurge will be a real macro lens.

disclaimer: not a photographer and could possibly be using the extension tubes completely wrong

View attachment 15336

Last edited: