What would it take to change this over to a zoa garden?

tomek77pl

I run a 10w actinic led on a computer heatsink for the pop effect on my 20 gallon, if you can find a heat sink that if sufficient for two 10w leds you can have one 10k and one actinic or a hybrid(10k and actinic in one bulb). bulbs run for about 6-10 bucks and ballasts 7 bucks ish each all off of ebay. I can post a picture when I get home of my 10w diy setup I just put together couple days ago.

tomek77pl

Here is my 10w actinic led diy set up which took me about 5 mins to put together. but I still need to find a way to mount it. Sorry for crappy pictures as I used my iphone :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bennyblanco

Okay - I'm making a list of parts that I'm going to need to pimp my ecopico zoa garden! My Birthday and xmas is coming so Kate wants to hook me up with some parts.

Let's hear the suggestions!

HOB Filter
Thinking Azoo Palm Filter or Aquaclear 20.

Pump:
Thinking Korelia 240

Lighting:
Wanted to par 30 or 38 dimmable but the clamp looks like it might be too heavy. I'm going to start out with a SkkyeLight 8W LED Clamp Light.

Thank you!
Brett

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Okay - I'm making a list of parts that I'm going to need to pimp my ecopico zoa garden! My Birthday and xmas is coming so Kate wants to hook me up with some parts.

Let's hear the suggestions!

HOB Filter
Thinking Azoo Palm Filter or Aquaclear 20.

Pump:
Thinking Korelia 240

Lighting:
Wanted to par 30 or 38 dimmable but the clamp looks like it might be too heavy. I'm going to start out with a SkkyeLight 8W LED Clamp Light.

Thank you!
Brett
Brett,
Seems you are in the right direction.. Go with the aquaclear ;)

jayjigga

Brett,
Seems you are in the right direction.. Go with the aquaclear ;)
Absolutely go with the aquaclear. I may have an AC70 body and a AC30 pump, which would be perfect for that tank. If you wanna splurge on the inTank fuge mod, well worth it IMO.

Modify your ac20 into a hob fuge. i used to run a ac50 modded on my 30g
If he's gonna do it, let him do it right...I run an AC70 on ma 5G...

fredfish13

not sure on the ac20 size. AC70 is roughly 8" tall, 8" wide and 4" back or deep. i have one on my 20long with an ac20 impeller on the 70 pump. you can probably go on their website or Fosters for the actual.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Now that I think about it!! I ran the aquaclear 110 with MOD (fuge).. Not sure if it had any benefit to my tank (45gal). But this is just me :rolleyes:

Either way, its a good filter to have ;)

Also the zoas are trying to open, but should be fine. They are acting shy :D

Now get the tank and get this started.. We want to see a build..lol!!

bennyblanco

So I've made some progress on this little guy!

From this:

To this:

How long will this have to cycle if I used water from 65 gallon and cured LR?

Thanks!
Bret