What wrasses you have?

madjoe

Premium member
Right now I have a pintail and a flasher (forget which one). Tomorrow I pick up a lineatus and a pair of flame wrasses. After that, I hope to get a pair of mystery wrasses.
Hope u got big tank or they will kill each other i know from experiance were ok for yr then maturity hit and ww3

wrasse

Flame Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani) Female turning male

Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis) super male
Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis) Female

Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse (Anampses meleagrides)

Redtail Tamarin Wrasse (Anampses chrysocephalus)

Diamond Tail Flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus Attenuatus)

Raven312

Lubbocks Black Bar Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lubbocki)

Tomorrow, if it looks good and it's eating a variety of foods I'm going to get a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse. Otherwise it'll be a Carpenters Flasher.

ETA: I did buy the female Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon bipartitus) but I won't bring it home until it's fully acclimated. It was out and about and looked very comfortable, though!

Last edited:

ColaAddict

Speaking of wrasses, has anyone kept burrowing wrasses in a bare bottom tank? I am thinking of getting rid of my sand. Will they do okay with just PVC's to hide in? Or will they stress? They don't have sand in LFS, so I was thinking it would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinman

Speaking of wrasses, has anyone kept burrowing wrasses in a bare bottom tank? I am thinking of getting rid of my sand. Will they do okay with just PVC's to hide in? Or will they stress? They don't have sand in LFS, so I was thinking it would be fine.

just a thought why not Sell your sand dwelling wrasses and get some nice flashers ;) *flame wrasse pairs and carpenters wrasse .... *

if you do want to rid of your wrasses text me please ;)

maidia

Team CR
[MENTION=3377]wrasse[/MENTION] PM me these...for wrasse in tank with no sand...

Here is some information about the Wrasse Den we were talking about.

The company that makes the Wrasse den:
http://www.thealternativereef.com/ar/Products.html

On Their web site they don't even have the wrasse den listed on their product page though.

Here is a link to an article on reef builders.
https://reefbuilders.com/2013/09/04/...ebottom-tanks/
These look smaller than mine.

Mine looks more like the one pictured in this link
http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/wra...ilable.150699/

When I placed my order I Just asked for the Den and not in any particular color due to it being an item they may not have in stock. I was sent the natural color, he may have the purple I am not sure. They are about 9 x 9 inches I paid 30. I bought multiple Wrasse Den's to help insure the wrasse to find the den.

I contacted Scott about the dens.

Here is Scott's email
Info@thealternativereef.com

Tank2379

Formosa Wrasse (Coris Formosa)
Checkerboard Wrasse (Halichoeres hortulanus)
Adorned Wrasse or Christmas Wrasse (Halichoeres cosmetus)

Tank2379

I have mine with out sand and he just hides between my racks at night they should be ok. I am getting ready to add a small bowl of sand deep enough for him to burrow in at night

Smitty

Premium member
Hi Smitty! I want to get a new wrasse and I've always like mystery wrasses. How do you like yours? Do they jump?
I love mines, he's always super active. I don't have a cover over my tank, and he doesn't even attempt to jump out or splash the top.

Sent from my Note 5

madjoe

Premium member
Hi Smitty! I want to get a new wrasse and I've always like mystery wrasses. How do you like yours? Do they jump?
Mines jumps when startled but i love my mystery had him forever now they will eat your shrimps leaves my bigger snails alone didnt eat my one hermit but he was big too

labas39

Mines jumps when startled but i love my mystery had him forever now they will eat your shrimps leaves my bigger snails alone didnt eat my one hermit but he was big too
Thanks! Do you think it would eat a cleaner shrimp?

maidia

Team CR
Thanks! Do you think it would eat a cleaner shrimp?
I dont have Mystery Wrasse but all my wrasses eat all shrimps and up side down snails. None of my cleaner, Banded, Pepermint and red shrimps alive...Only Harlequin Shrimp alive but till gone when no more star in the tank.