What's growing on your backwall?

jrwoltman

I thought it would be fun to share what is growing on people's backwall, intentionally or unintentionally. Mine was unintentional, but I am super-psyched that they started climbing up and look forward to a complete takeover. So, share your picture and your story...
View attachment 23600

Cubano32

Premium member
I thought it would be fun to share what is growing on people's backwall, intentionally or unintentionally. Mine was unintentional, but I am super-psyched that they started climbing up and look forward to a complete takeover. So, share your picture and your story...
View attachment 23600
That's awesome if you ever want to frag a few zoas let me know..I'm going to be starting a zoa garden soon so need some different variation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ultimatemj

Only pic I could find to show the Blue Sympodium (on center overflow) and GSP (on back wall) are these horrible blue bomb phone pics...but 'eh....here ya go!
View attachment 23602

This left side crop shows a little better the GSP behind the Purple Stylo and some light pop on the Blue Sympodium.
View attachment 23603

In general, they add color, texture, and movement. FYI, the GSP does have to be "pruned back" a little each month, to keep it from becoming a nuisance.

#theMatrix

Only pic I could find to show the Blue Sympodium (on center overflow) and GSP (on back wall) are these horrible blue bomb phone pics...but 'eh....here ya go!
View attachment 23602

This left side crop shows a little better the GSP behind the Purple Stylo and some light pop on the Blue Sympodium.
View attachment 23603

In general, they add color, texture, and movement. FYI, the GSP does have to be "pruned back" a little each month, to keep it from becoming a nuisance.

I wish I had never gotten GSP 2yrs ago. Well it was cool on its neat small rock. And then it crept onto a huge rock. And it's taking over that rock. ....I'm sure at some point I'm taking the sps off that rock and tossing it.

ultimatemj

I wish I had never gotten GSP 2yrs ago. Well it was cool on its neat small rock. And then it crept onto a huge rock. And it's taking over that rock. ....I'm sure at some point I'm taking the sps off that rock and tossing it.
It is certainly an aggressive grower...so either sign up for the maintenance of pruning it, or avoid it. As you can see in the pic, I also have aggressive zoa growth issues as well lol

jrwoltman

Some Zoas on my overflow
View attachment 23601
Some zoas... That's a lot more than some!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 23602

View attachment 23603

Yeah, gsp will do that.