What's one piece of equipment that changed things?

fishyfish22

Premium member
We all know apex of course and the auto top off revolutionized fish keeping, you can program anything with the apex and the ato helped replenish evaporation.

Aside from the apex and an ato, what's one piece of equipment that you feel was a gamechanger for you?

Fish_wiz2

Vortechs and Gyres. I remember starting the hobby over 10 years ago and the best I had was a MJ1200. Bulletproof pumps but terrible wavemakers.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
A skimmate locker is something I got somewhat recently that I cannot believe I didn’t get sooner. Years and years of overflowing skimmer and cleaning out a skimmer cup more than once weekly.

ninjamyst

Premium member
A skimmate locker is something I got somewhat recently that I cannot believe I didn’t get sooner. Years and years of overflowing skimmer and cleaning out a skimmer cup more than once weekly.
had to google that. never knew "skimmate locker" existed. pretty cool.

babbyk

Premium member

This and a neck cleaner for my skimmer. Calcium reactor as well.

dvanlier05

How about simple outlet timers. They are cheap and can be used for many things. I have ones controlling my dosers, T5 lights, and fuge light.
Also my American DJ 8 channel power strip. I have 3 built into the sides of my stand. Easy on/off with a flip of a switch. Best part is water damage IS covered under warranty although I've never had to use it.

Reefaholic

Premium member
How about simple outlet timers. They are cheap and can be used for many things. I have ones controlling my dosers, T5 lights, and fuge light.
Also my American DJ 8 channel power strip. I have 3 built into the sides of my stand. Easy on/off with a flip of a switch. Best part is water damage IS covered under warranty although I've never had to use it.

Love the DJ 8 power strip, I will always have then on any build.