Where to find Good Aquarium Stand

DAS212

Hey guys,

As some of you know I have a 57g oceanic illuminata and I love it. Unfortunately the stand for it sucks (Not the oceanic stand) and was made by someone who specializes in making furniture and not aquariums. The single door makes it hard to move around inside. I also wish I had purchased a sump with refugium capabilities so I have decided to buy a new stand and sump all at once.

Does anyone know a good stand out there? Preferably at a LFS store so I don't have to sell my organs for shipping, or perhaps someone on here or someone who is well known that will custom make one?

Dimensions are L 36 x W 18 x H 21 for reference these are the EXACT L and W of a 40 breeder, the extra 17 gallons come from the extra heights. TYVM GUYS/GALS

- Dave

jm23

You can always build one yourself, a lot of guys end up doing that. You could always find a local carpenter or cabinet maker and just tell them what you want. I don't know if the LFS route would be cheaper or not. Hopefully others will chime in soon.

Greg

Send Brett from zeroedgeaquarium an email. He can make any stand you want. Solid wood, seaboard, starboard, or acrylic. He'll make any custom sump too. Good pricing.

DAS212

You can always build one yourself, a lot of guys end up doing that. You could always find a local carpenter or cabinet maker and just tell them what you want. I don't know if the LFS route would be cheaper or not. Hopefully others will chime in soon.
I tried to make a stand once and it did not end well lol!

DAS212

Will email brett and get in contact with the guy from the thread bambam posted. Thanks everyone.

DAS212

Will email brett and get in contact with the guy from the thread bambam posted. Thanks everyone.

DAS212

Brett quotes me at 450 for a custom stand and 300 for a custom sump with fuge area. Stand price seems a little high but it does seem to be very good quality and is completely built to order. Will probably end up going with him.

Thanks for the offer Ben

Joe5688

To build an average 3-4' stand w/ finished plywood will run u about $50-80. If u have a saw and a level it's fairly easy to build.

steel angle iron or 1 inch square and a welder....then skin it however you want or plywood.for a small tank... its not exactly rocket science to create a rectangle.
leaves more room in the stand :)

jm23

$450 in all honesty isn't that much consider cost of materials and labor. It will take at least a day or two to build (probably more), so lets say it takes 16 hours to build (measure, cut, assemble, sand, stain, sand, stain, clear coat) after the cost of the materials, which will probably run at least $100 depending on the wood, closer to $200, but lets say $100 for the example. So now he is getting $350 for 16 hrs of work which works out to be like $22 dollars an hour. So, it is not like this guy is ripping you off in the slightest. Just a thought...