Which light suitable for 36x24x24 sps reef tank

pringles

I can't get my mind out of this hobby, after sold all equipment & tank take a break few months,felt missing some thing in my house & getting bored.I found the 90 rimless tank & can't resisted get back in to the hobby.
View attachment 8994View attachment 8995I am undecided to select the light for my new 90 gallon rimless custom tank 36x 24x 24 gone be sps tank. I had some optioning in mind ,so feel free to give me your thought, thanks...
1-One MH 250watts with 2t5 supplement,led supplement
2-Two MH 250 watts with 2t5 supplement.
3-maxspect razorR420 - 160 watts ( never have any experience with LED.)
4-two kessil 360W-E .Should I wait for new come kessil Prototype
Ecotech radion or Aqua illumination are not in option.
Picture of the tank ,till wait for custom standView attachment 8993

Darienreefs7

I personally would look into an ATI Fixture. Best for sps other than halides. Now I am selling a ai sol kit with 36" rail and controller. But you ruled ai out..

anarchy

I'm big on halides. So I'd have to say 2 250w halides. Only because 36" is too much length for a single.

ANARCHY

tinman

2 kessil a360 We's would be wonderful on that tank :)

Or you would actually need 2 maxspect 420rs front and back.

Id say wait till they come out with kessil new prototype and then grab 2 kessil 360s from r2r ;)

Last edited:

cet98

I am looking at ATI 8 x36" also,but I will miss the light simmer.
you'll love the color from an ATI and you can always add one or two ReefBrite Tech LEDs to a Sunpower fixture to recapture the shimmer....the best of both worlds ;)

Tank2379

I am looking at ATI 8 x36" also,but I will miss the light simmer.
You can always go with a Cebu Sun Fixture which is a combo between MH and T-5 you won't be disappointed with that. But I love the ATI's and 8 bulb would be perfect fit for that Tank.

Spartanman22

I'm a big halide fan and would recommend the reefbrite halide/led pendants. I have one on my 18×18" and love it.

But with that length I'd probably give the new ATI power module a try.