Which one looks better

anarchy

Trying to decide what i want to do with my lighting and after playing i cant decide so ill let you guys help me. Which one looks better?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both are a little too blue for me, but I realize blue is hard to not get in a picture. If I had to chose, I would pick 2 also. Very cool tank, love the rock work.

anarchy

Well so far only 1 likes halide/hydra 26 and only on the 93

anarchy

I will never not have halides but i do love the shimmer of the leds.... and the extra par.... and the color pop with blues, oh and dont forget the cool programming sh!t, but for pictures led sucks.

madjoe

Premium member
Number 1 on both dont look so much at the color of water i going by coral color cause i know c pics suck as$ and the color of water is more likely way off but corals look better in both number 1

anarchy

Okay so the hydra 26 i was thinking about using for supplemental lighting is gone and i got a 2 bulb t5. Im going to add 2 more t5 bulbs but here it is with the 1 fixture

And without

Paulip

It depends.

When posting pictures, I want color accuracy for trading. Tidal Garden provides 14000k and actinic samples. For actual lighting, it is the color balance or maximum growth that I want to see in the tank. I think both are very different. Unless a photographer tells me I can get accurate WYSIWYG colors.(Please do.)

One of your pictures has too much Teal color showing. That's actually one of the colors that I can't get from my Orange Ricordia Florida running 100% actinic. I am a noob, so don't ask me if your colors are accurate enough.

anarchy

It depends.

When posting pictures, I want color accuracy for trading. Tidal Garden provides 14000k and actinic samples. For actual lighting, it is the color balance or maximum growth that I want to see in the tank. I think both are very different. Unless a photographer tells me I can get accurate WYSIWYG colors.(Please do.)

One of your pictures has too much Teal color showing. That's actually one of the colors that I can't get from my Orange Ricordia Florida running 100% actinic. I am a noob, so don't ask me if your colors are accurate enough.
Bottom picture is a 20k halide which is about as accurate as i can get

Top is with t5s added which will give a little pop

All of my coral pics are under 20k halide. Cant get pics with t5s on because the reflection off the top of the water

Paulip

20k. It doesn't get any truer than that. You do have an excessive amount of Teal-Green colored corals! : )

Though not color accurate, I like my specimens to share the limelight. I like the flourescence from actinics but hate the blue water. Mixed emotions with maroon looking green algae. Though, not as obviously deficient as seeing green algae in my tank.

Sometimes, I think those perfect tanks are for the annual " Family photo". I like no1, btw. I am addicted to coralline. The more complete looking the encrusting the better. An all noob opinion, mind you.

Last edited:

anarchy

20k. It doesn't get any truer than that. You do have an excessive amount of Teal-Green colored corals! : )

Though not color accurate, I like my specimens to share the limelight. I like the flourescence from actinics but hate the blue water. Mixed emotions with maroon looking green algae. Though, not as obviously deficient as seeing green algae in my tank.

Sometimes, I think those perfect tanks are for the annual " Family photo".
Yeah theres alot of greens in my tank. Wasnt done on purpose but once everything was placed i noticed it. Looking for oranges, reds and purples now