Which Tank Control System

mlott132

Thinking of making the plunge into a tank control system. Trying to decide between a Reef Keeper Elite or Apex system. Kinda leaning towards the Apex as it seems to have more features but want to hear what others have to say.

anarchy

I'm getting the apex soon. Went with it just because of all the features and extra modules that they have

Spartanman22

I have an rke and am envious of the options Apex offers.However, with that being said I am very intrigued by the new DA Archon, and will likely be trying that out later this year.

mlott132

I looked at the Archon on the DA site, and was not impressed. Still seems to be in the early stages, but I cannot believe there is no display module. The couple screen shots of the web interface left much to be desired as well. Think I will end up with an Apex. Their module and support seem to be far superior. Also, the web based fusion software looks very easy to use.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

robosworld

Hello everyone. .my first post .I just started my tank..it is a 75 gallon reef tank..it bought the apex system and it has been a monster for me to figure out to receive info about tank away from home..also something is wrong with my temperature reading..it reads only up to 35.8. Customer service has not been the greatest ..it I can get it to read on my phone while away from home I'm Sure it will be worth the money. Thanks

fredfish13

Look for the online manual for apex. It is very good. Also RC has a Neptune section that helped me out a lot. Get a glass thermometer to confirm the probe. You might have reset system or recalibrate probe. Don't worry about seeing it away from home until all things are connected and working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100LL

Hello everyone. .my first post .I just started my tank..it is a 75 gallon reef tank..it bought the apex system and it has been a monster for me to figure out to receive info about tank away from home..also something is wrong with my temperature reading..it reads only up to 35.8. Customer service has not been the greatest ..it I can get it to read on my phone while away from home I'm Sure it will be worth the money. Thanks
Maybe the temp is reading Celsius? When I got my apex I was so anxious to get it up and running I ended up walking away out of pure frustration... After letting it sit for a couple days I came back and got it set up in a fraction of the time I had originally spent on it. GLW set-up.

robosworld

Thank u ..I do know it is not set in Celsius. ..will read up on it some more ..and I'm waiting to hear back from Neptune .

anarchy

Thank u ..I do know it is not set in Celsius. ..will read up on it some more ..and I'm waiting to hear back from Neptune .
Are you using the app or Internet on your phone while away. The app won't work for me when I'm out (only in my house), but when I log in on the Internet then it works perfectly fine. I'd get the manual and make sure everything was done properly.

mlott132

Got my Apex the other day. So far seems pretty easy to setup. Is anyone using either the Jebao or Aqua Illumination modules? Would like to know if they are worth it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk