White Balance !!

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Well, I finally figured out how to manualy adjust the white balance on my camera!! I'm so stoked :) I still have some tweaking to do but here's a few pic's that finally aren't blue...

EricTheRed

Nice tank and great pictures. What camera are you using?
Thanks! It's just a simple Canon Powershot SX120 IS, nothing fancy. Next step is to try the macro setting with corrected white balance. Someday I aspire to have a quality photo worthy of a POTM entry, LOL!

Cubbies

Very nice Eric. Looks like you've added quite a few things since I saw the tank. Aw the addiction. . :D How about a couple of shots of those Monties. Would love to see how they are doing and how they've changed. Tank looks awesome though!

EricTheRed

Very nice Eric. Looks like you've added quite a few things since I saw the tank. Aw the addiction. . :D How about a couple of shots of those Monties. Would love to see how they are doing and how they've changed. Tank looks awesome though!
Thanks, Mark!

And thanks, Geno!
I added some new rock and do have a few new pieces since you were here. The Superman finally blued up with nice red polyps under the T5's and recently started encrusting rapidly. The "Sunset" they sold you wasn't a Sunset. (Did you buy that from Corbin's?) This one took a while but finally went from brown to orange. However, it doesn't have the green polyps like my other sunset. The polyps are orange. It has also recently started encrusting :)
I'll get some close up's next time. (Play time is over, I need to go and cut the grass, LOL)

jcarlilesiu

Great looking tank and very natural colors. Well done with the custom white balance. That is one of the most important aspects of reef photography.

Cubbies

Thanks, Mark!

And thanks, Geno!
I added some new rock and do have a few new pieces since you were here. The Superman finally blued up with nice red polyps under the T5's and recently started encrusting rapidly. The "Sunset" they sold you wasn't a Sunset. (Did you buy that from Corbin's?) This one took a while but finally went from brown to orange. However, it doesn't have the green polyps like my other sunset. The polyps are orange. It has also recently started encrusting :)
I'll get some close up's next time. (Play time is over, I need to go and cut the grass, LOL)
Thats great about the superman. Yea I got both from Corbin's and was told that it was for sure a sunset :( Not cool at all

EricTheRed

Thats great about the superman. Yea I got both from Corbin's and was told that it was for sure a sunset :( Not cool at all
Well, they shouldn't have been selling brown sps in the first place. If it makes you feel any better, they're going out of business. (The Marengo shop, not sure about Buffalo Grove.)

WeePee

nice work.
proper WB makes all the difference when many of your tanks use mostly blue lighting.

VS

also important, focusing correctly (which is a skill not present above, I had the wrong lens)

kurens

hey Eric,pics looks great.i got the same camera so i need to play with it also,maybe you can help me:)

EricTheRed

hey Eric,pics looks great.i got the same camera so i need to play with it also,maybe you can help me:)
Hi Peter,
It wasn't too complicated. I can email you the user manual and if you have any q's just let me know. Do you want to PM me with your regular email address?

lunacris

very nice i know first hand that when u get a good pic that does justice makes u feel a bit better on sharing pics great job looks awsome

EricTheRed

very nice i know first hand that when u get a good pic that does justice makes u feel a bit better on sharing pics great job looks awsome
How true!! I was running around here showing the pic's to my wife with a grin from ear to ear!