Who is running a custom built tank? Where did you get it?

Looking at buying a house in the next two months and as soon as I get and accepted contract I want to order the beast... I have two I may make a offer on that can support my fish and hold my cars lol with that being said the one today was perfect and I could do a 8ft tank with access to a back basement fish room through the wall in the mechanical room... I'd want to do a 8ft long 30" wide 24" tall tank... No fancy star fire needed just old fashioned glass... Any suggestions ? Isn't the aquatic experience coming up? Don't they sell the displays cheap. Maybe I can negotiate a pre sale with a mfgr before the show

Crued

If acrylic.... My tank and sump are 100% custom. Tank from Midwest Custom Aquariums, sump from ZeroEdge. ZeroEdge is local and excellent work, but you will need supreme patience. Midwest is in MN, does great work and easy to work with.

If acrylic.... My tank and sump are 100% custom. Tank from Midwest Custom Aquariums, sump from ZeroEdge. ZeroEdge is local and excellent work, but you will need supreme patience. Midwest is in MN, does great work and easy to work with.
thanks for the reply but i think i will stay away from acrylic i hear it scratches awful easily.

I use an acrylic tank from Innovative Plastics in Michigan. If I was doing a glass aquarium, I would go with Micracles Aquariums.

Went acrylic 120 4x2x2 with an external coast to coast overflow. I'd go with glass I went with acrylic to save weight which I didn't end up needing to do. I would highly recomend going coast to coast with whatever you do. That coupled with herbie's drains makes it dead silent.

I've currently got a midwest customs and a zero edge both are very well made
i used to have a truvue and it was ok but not as high quality as the other 2...
no way would i ever get a huge glass tank again, had a 10x4x2 years ago made of glass and it had to be built on site in my home, when we sold the house had to sledge hammer it because there was no way to get it out of the basement ... had a 300 glass where a seam broke and that was ugly... just my 2 cents

if you use magic erasers to clean acrylic tanks no issues with scratching

wrasse

Looking at buying a house in the next two months and as soon as I get and accepted contract I want to order the beast... I have two I may make a offer on that can support my fish and hold my cars lol with that being said the one today was perfect and I could do a 8ft tank with access to a back basement fish room through the wall in the mechanical room... I'd want to do a 8ft long 30" wide 24" tall tank... No fancy star fire needed just old fashioned glass... Any suggestions ? Isn't the aquatic experience coming up? Don't they sell the displays cheap. Maybe I can negotiate a pre sale with a mfgr before the show
I am toying with the idea of getting the same tank just a 6 foot instead of an 8 foot. PM me if you want any suggestions.