Why is it still called CMAS?

The new place to have the Frag Swap looks great, but it isn't even in Cook County. When was the last Frag Swap that was held in Chicago and not over 30 miles away? Is it just me or can we get these frag swaps happening at least a little closer to the city after which the club is named? The last one was a little better, this one is just way too far away.

Joe5688

Regardless of where is at or what they call them selves people will make the drive lol. Maybe someone should start a new one and change the name to chicagoland marine aquarium society. CLMAS

Last edited:
Regardless of where is at or what they call them selves people will make the drive lol. Maybe someone should start a new one and change the name to chicagoland marine aquarium society. CLMAS
No argument there, I'm sure it will be great. I'll probably miss this one, just too far away. It's too bad too, since they're now apparently doing just one per year.

Cub21rak

Well I'm spearheading a swap and hopefully everything goes great where we can make it a yearly thing in nwi.
This would give everyone another opportunity in the area.

skunkmere

my first cmas swap was small, in a used dealership storefront and was in skokie. We should get some swaps going in the city.

goat585

Administrator
The biggest complaint people had with cmas swaps used to be they were in a small location and the swaps were too packed so they started finding bigger places to hold the event. The swaps were held in west Chicago for years and the new location is not that far from where they have been held for a long time.