Why you need to shoot in RAW?

jm23

I was playing around with a tripod and my camera's settings today. The first photo below was taken with an Fstop of F57. It came out pitch black, delete right? Well hold on a second, just for fun I increased the exposure in Lightroom all the way and that is what the second photo is. The third photo was shot at a more normal fstop, but too fast of a shutter speed. The fourth is increasing the exposure in Lightroom all the way. So, there you have it, shooting in RAW captures so much more information that you can recover a photograph with post-processing. So think twice before you hit delete next time.

Note: The first photo of the candy cane coral is a little too far gone, but the second photo of the starfish turned out pretty good.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Great post. I need to play around with my camera in RAW. I'm just too lazy. The gf is out with the ladies tonight so it could be a great night for a water change and a photoshoot. This is what my life has come down to.

ColaAddict

Raw is the best mode to shoot in, especially for LED's. you just need a nice sized memory card since it's also the biggest size file.